Anyone see Rocky Horror in Tampa, FL?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Derek Miner, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone was in town last night (Friday, October 27) to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show at Tampa Theatre.
    I decided at the last minute to go, and soon after I showed up and bought my ticket, the show sold out. For the second year, they had Sal Piro in from NYC to host the show, and it was quite a blast. The cast was great, with excellent props and costumes.
    I came dressed as Silent Bob and ended up in the costume contest. I won second place. A lot of people commented that I looked pretty authentic. Strange considering how prety basic the outfit is - black coat, long hair (a wig in my case) and backwards hat. I thought it would be amusing if there were anyone out there who saw me but didn't know it was me...
    = Derek =

2. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

I wasn't in Florida, but I did dress as Dr. Frank-n-Furter last night. It was my first time in 6" platform heels!
    I looked too good! I got third in the costume contest at work and picked up a $50 gift cert from Circuit City and also won a contest at a party I attended.
    ------------------
    Andrew in Austin

3. Zack Scott

Zack Scott Stunt Coordinator

I'm sure glad that Rocky is still being sold out in some cities. A year ago my cast lost our theatre. We can't find another one. bummer.