What's new

Anyone Pre-Ordering the Hsu VTF-3 HO and Saving as much as $250? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I am considering doing this: Pre-order VTF-3HO plus Turbo by 12/31/05 and save as much as $250 over price after the pre-order period is over.

Where do I come up with $250? Glad you asked.

$100 pre-order discount on sub.
~$50 saving on shipping.
~$100 saving on purchase of Turbo if you order it separately later on.

The VTF-3HO with Turbo at the pre-order price is $950. I own an SVS and know what a fine value they are. Since the VTF-3HO has not been tested outside HSU labs, we can only specualate about performance, however, the "3-HO" would likely fall between the 16-46 PC+ and 20-39 PC+.

Anyone else tempted?

Any other thoughts?

BTY

You can sign up for the pre-order by 12/30/05 and make your final decision when they have them ready to ship. This should be in the next 10-20 days.

Thanks

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
OK shoppers.

Due to unexpected demand for the VTF-3HO, the pre-order discount period has been extended till January 15.

I own SVS so don't think I am not an SVS fan. This is a good opportunity for those who are looking for a modest size sub that will be the equivalent of 2 HSU 1220's that sold for $1700.

Remember, you can pre-order and read the early reviews and if you change your mind, you can cancel when they call you to confirm prior to shipping.

New pre-orders will have delivery in February.

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Do you work for HSU? Don't get me wrong either. I have a HSU myself, some of my best friends are HSU owners...but your post is a little effusive

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Yong

I do not work for HSU, however, I like a good deal as much as the next guy, and in my book, this is a very good deal.

PS

I own an SVS sub that I consider a very good buy, and I don't work for SVS either :) .

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
You do kinda sound like a Hsu salesperson, Arthur.....:D

How do you know this is such a great deal if you haven't heard the thing yet??

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Alan

One of the serious sub people, Craig, who has owned and tested many subs including SVS, Hsu, Velodyne and several others has ordered 2 VTF-3HO with Turbos. He is one of the first on the pre-order list and will get his '3HOs + Turbos and test them promptly after receipt.

The goods are there. 17X22X25 inch cabinet, 500 watt BASH amp, new heavy duty 12 inch driver, 2 FOUR inch ports, extension to 16Hz (-1db) at substantial volume with the Turbo.

Dr. Hsu has a stellar track record. He has designed subs for Outlaw (LFM-1), and other companies.

Lastly, the sound of high quality subs vary in subtle ways. What doesn't change much is that it pretty much comes down to: how deep, how loud, how flat.

I am very comfortable with my order in the second shipment. By the time I am contacted to confirm my order, there is going to be a lot of information available on the '3HO + Turbo. If you are interested, Craig goes under the name CRAIGSUB over at the AVS Forum. In about 2 weeks, you should be able to find out how his '3HOs perform for him. He plans on really working them hard. Among other subs he owns right now he has a Velodyne DD-18.

With the pre-order discount period extended until 1/15/06-1/31/06, there is little to risk for those on the fence.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Arthur:
I'm sure that the product will be fine....I think that Yong and I were mostly just wondering why you sound so much like you're channeling Peter Marcks :)

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Arthur is channeling the good side of the force :D

Seriously, he is just doing his homework and sharing his findings and excitement with everyone. We really appreciate this type of enthusiasm and interest in the new product.

Sincerely,

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Arthur/Peter,

I thought the 1/2 off shipping deal did not apply to any discounted prices?

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
Dear eddie,

The shipping discount does not apply to special clearance or promotional prices such as the gloss black Mk2 models, but does apply to 3HO preorders. Many people have been anxiously waiting for the 3HO for a very long time, and we experienced some delays to the initial projected release date, so we felt this was the least we could do.

Take care!

eddieZEN

Second Unit
I see. Does B-stock inventory fall under "special clearance or promotional prices" ineligible for this shipping discount?

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Arthur,

Sorry, I was being a little ornery. Didn't mean to offend you.

Peter,
As for HSU subs, I love my VTF-3. Thanks for the good workmanship.

YC

Peter Marcks

Stunt Coordinator
eddie, unfortunately I do not think that b-stock items would quality for the shipping discount. Fortunately, shipping is relatively low on those models to begin with!

Thank you for the feedback Yong. Consumers have been waiting many many years for us to significantly outdo all of our previous efforts in subwoofer design (including HRSW12Va, TN1220HO, etc), and the -3HO is a big step in the right direction. Hopefully the wait will not be too much longer.

Cheers

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Peter,

> eddie, unfortunately I do not think that b-stock items would quality for the shipping discount.

Darn! well, I had to ask... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks