What's new

Anyone pick up X-Box - Genma Onimusha yet? (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
How is it? I can't seem to find any reviews online, and the game is supposed to be released today.
I am curious to get some feedback on this game.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Thanks Chris :)
I found that Gamespot review earlier this evening. They give it an 8.7
Strange that they only give the sound a rating of 7. I thought that the original score was great (a classicaly eastern soundtrack, which was played out with something like a 200 piece orchestra).
I will be picking it up soon.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Sean, when you've had a chance to play it, would you mind posting a few of your thoughts? I really didn't have much of an interest in this title at first because my experience with Resident Evil kind of soured me on the "survival horror" genre, but reading Gamespot's review piqued my curiosity a bit. It seems to place less emphasis on running back and forth and solving puzzles with various items and more emphasis on undead-arse-kicking. But again, that impression is based on one review. Would you mind sharing your thoughts about the game when you pick it up?

(And anyone else who has played it, of course...)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Dave, No problem. I have played the PS2 version already, and it was more action oriented then the RE series was, although there was still a fair amount of puzzle solving going on. It sounds like they have tewwked the X-Box version to be a bit faster in the gameplay department.
I always thought of Onimusha to be the bridge between Resident Evil and Devil May Cry.
I will let you know what I think of the X-Box version soon as I have the chance to play it a bit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks