Anyone own/thinking about buying a massage chair?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jason L., Aug 1, 2006.

1. Jason L.

Jason L. Second Unit

I've come to believe that stress is a major factor in one's health - especially after reading about the study which shows that the British are healthier than us even though they smoke more, drink more, spend 1/2 as much on health care, and exercise less. Plus, they have to live with that god awful weather.

http://www.theolympian.com/apps/pbcs...ING03/60502055

After spending a lot of time in airports recently, there always seems to be a store selling massage chairs. I'm thinking about getting one. There seems to be a panasonic model I like, but I know nothing about them.

Does anyone have any insight to these? Do they break down ofter? Are they expensive to repair? How heavy are they? Can I move one by myself?

2. Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson Cinematographer

Al
    I'm assuming you're thinking of going the whole nine yards and getting the full chair; which are probably expensive.

Consider getting one of those chair "additions" first and see if you like it enough to go for the real deal. You can get a pretty decent one for about $100. My wife has one and she likes it.

3. Jason L.

Jason L. Second Unit

I want a whole massage chair, not just a pad that you put on a chair. I have one of those Homedics massage pads, and it is just OK. I like the chair because it hits you all over - especially the calves.

I want something like the Spine Melter 3000 that Homer Simpson bought.

4. DougR

DougR Second Unit

5. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    You can try that Sharper Image chair out at their stores. It really does feel like a bunch of hands massaging you (which I find kind of creepy).

6. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
  7. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

8. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

This is an old thread but I am bumping it because now I am in the market for a chair. My money is limited and from the few opinions I have found online the I Joy seems to rate pretty good for the money. Does anyone have one of these chairs and can they give me their experience with them. I'm not sure of a local place that I can go and test one out.

9. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

Regular Price : $0.00

Hey, can't beat that!!!

10. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Supporting Actor

Maybe I should try this another way. Does anyone have any experience they can provide on picking out a chair before I buy one off of the net. My budget is limited so online seems to be my best bet.

11. rodneyani

rodneyani Auditioning

Even I am looking to buy one that is affordable, and low on maintenance. All the replies on this thread are very old, so I am hoping that someone might help me out with the decision. I really like the massage chairs from osim. They look compact and comfortable as well. Please suggest.