What's new

Anyone NOT like their SWX/TWX 20b? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
A little buyers remorse settling in here any Hitachi owners tel me what you like and dislike please! What Im wondering is anyone not like the strech modes I keep finding alot of folks like the Tosh HDX better but I think this is something one gets used to. And how bout your Dish/Direct viewing is god bad or ugly?
And how much tweaking? Red Push? Lime Push...pastel colors?
Kevin

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
I haven’t found anything to dislike yet, the stretch modes don’t bother me at all because I don’t use them, watching SD with the gray bars doesn’t bother me even though the right side border is bent and needs fixing (Geometry fix?), I’ve only done the user’s ‘manual convergence’ and Avia tweaks so far and SD CATV/SAT PQ looks better than expected, especially after Comcast apparently replaced some filters outside, picture may be just a bit soft and at first looked out of focus to me but somehow it looks much better now after three weeks of use, no HDTV yet, still shopping for the STB, DVD’s PQ is superb, I’m using the Toshiba 6200 and 480p makes quite a remarkable difference.
I didn’t find any critical defects out the box but after checking with Avia this are some of the tweaks this set may need, red push, not that bad after color adjustments but local newscasters wearing red really stand out, needs the screen centered, it leans to the right just a bit but only noticeable if checking with Avia disk or other, over scan is off a hair according to what I read, may pass on this though, don’t think it’s worth messing with it for what little will be gained especially since using my DVD’s player’s scale down features exposes all the hidden picture. About those ‘Pastels’ reports, on the “Priority Report” DVD I noticed something in Crouse’s face and later on another scene, but I can’t tell if it’s the Disk the Player or the Hitachi, I need to check other test DVD’s mentioned here, but if what I saw is the pastel effect reported IMO is not worth loosing sleep over it. Oh yes, although it won’t get much use in my setup the sound system on this set is very good, I found my self checking my receiver thinking that my surrounds system was on. No buyers remorse here, well maybe finding a better price after pulling the trigger, but in my experience this always happens to me no matter how much I shop around…ces la vie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks