Anyone not happy with their B&W;s after extended use?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Garrett V, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Garrett V

Garrett V Agent

I have a set of Def Techs BP6's/LCR 2300 center and a set of B&W 602'3/LCR600 center at home. After some side by side comparison I am going with the B&W. While I liked the Def Techs a lot, the bookshelf size of the 602's works better and more importantly I thought the LCR600 sounded better then the LCR2300. Since I have 30 days to return the B&W's I plan to take a listen to some Energy speakers and Phase Technology Velocity speakers if the dealer has them.

Are there any B&W owners out there that after having their speakers after an extended period of time, ended up not liking them as much as they thought?

For additional info, I liked the paradigm monitor 5's alot also but was not able to get a good listen to them with the CC370 center. They may have been to bright for me, wanst sure though. The studio 20's and matching center were good also but I was trying to keep the price of the fronts and center in the $1000 range.

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

B&W has a loyal following(myself included)which means many will upgrade within B&W as opposed to looking outside their lines. I started out with the 600 series up front and have moved up to the NT line(I still use 602's for the rears).

Many dealers will give you a year to upgrade with full credit.

DJ

3. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul

I'm curious, as the Monitor 5s are in serious contention for me, do you mean the centre CC370 did not integrate well with the 5s or that you didn't get a good opportunity to listen to the 5s together with the CC370? If the former applies, what were some of the shortcomings you noticed in the soundfield?

4. Garrett V

Garrett V Agent

I didnt get a good chance to listen to the monitor 5's with the CC370. I assume they match very well with each other. I did get to listen to the monitor 7's and the CC370 and liked it alot.

5. Dan Halchak

Dan Halchak Stunt Coordinator

I've had B&Ws for only about 3 - 4 months now, but I had Definitive Techs...my friend has had B&W (600 series) for well over a year or more now and I always watched stuff over his place....

Needless to say, I switched over to B&W and haven't looked back...no regrets either. [​IMG]

6. Mark C.

Mark C. Supporting Actor

I bought my first pair of B&Ws nearly five years ago and haven't looked back. I've got freaking B&W speakers all over the house--separate HT and two-channel systems. Better yet, my whole family is hooked on B&Ws and wouldn't consider anything else now. My friends got the B&W bug from me. Two of my buddies now have B&W HTs because of their exposure to my HT. As you can tell, I'm a satisfied and loyal customer.

7. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I've had my 602s since 1997 and I am happier with them every day.

8. Scott*T

Scott*T Auditioning

I just got my first pair of B&W's.I got the 604's for Christmas and I totally love them (add another person to the B&W ranks) ...But now, I want to change out my pinnacle surrounds and center to all B&W's (damn, I need more money )