What's new

Anyone know what's up at Hoffman? (1 Viewer)

DavidNighorn

Stunt Coordinator
I know that a lot of 'music' participants here are also members of the Hoffman site. Does anyone have any insight into what is wrong or when it will be fixed? It is nearly impossible to log in to find out.

David

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I know man. That site has been major league

SSSSSS LLLLLLL OOOOOO WWWWW

over the past few days. Maybe they need some faster servers or something! :)

John Watson

Screenwriter

I know, I just got timed out again. During the last 72 hours of troubles, I usually try to look at the Room where issues with the forum are discussed, and I did see one post where a member asked if a virus or trojan was involved, but I haven't seen any post by a gort where any info was offered for several days.

I've managed to post once or twice (out of 10 or so attempts), but it's pretty much a waste of time.

Since the Front Page loads quite readily, it might be nice if they could place a notice about the situation there.

Guess we'll have to just keep checking back.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I've just seen the following posted there by a Gort

"The problem is being addressed and will be taken care of soon. In the meantime, keep checking in, keep reading, keep posting, keep on rockin' in the free world".

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
From zloch1....

Quote:
Hi Guys!

In case you haven't noticed, the server has been running slow over the last fews days. We are aware of the frustration this has caused and we apologize for the inconvenience. Trust me, we've been doing everything in our power to fix this. So far we have swapped out the server chassis yesterday afternoon, so except for the hard drive, we've got a brand new box. The swap did not make a difference.

The next step for us is to dump all the search indexes and delete a bunch of archived posts to get our tables under control. (Two of our database tables are almost at 2GB in size.) Our tables are just too large to fit into the memory allocated for it on the server; it's a hurdle that most large vB boards run into. Because of this, we will have to re-index our current threads only. That means our archived threads will NOT be indexed. Members will have to use Google to dig up old threads. We think we can install a Google search bar for the site that will search only within our site. This will actually be faster, and save us server resources. Also, you would be able to search for "Who's Next". http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/images/smilies/new/orangewink.gif

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I truly underestimated my daily dependency on this site. I am going through a major music withdrawl right now. :)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update. I assumed it was some kind of problem with their server. I was getting too frustrated and impatient to stay at their site for very long at a time. I hope they can resolve this problem, quickly.

John Watson

Screenwriter
It seems some posters are getting in, and i've managed a couple, but as of Thursday 11 am, it's still far from normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks