What's new

Anyone know what's going with Larry Sanders S2? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Its been way over a year since the last season was released on DVD, and I haven't heard anything about a second season.

I'm assuming it didn't sell well, which is probably a key factor into why Columbia doesn't want to continue it.

However, has anybody heard anything about this release?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's done very poorly in broadcast syndication, at least here in Philly. Probably a good indication

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If it does poorly in that medium, it is probably because they have to censor it for broadcast.

Seth_S

Second Unit
Sony screwed up by pricing the set at $40 MSRP. They also should have waited to see how the later, funnier seasons sold before pulling the plug.

I think they would have had better luck releasing 2 seasons at a time together, and setting the price no more than $50 MRSP.

I can't imagine the show in syndication considering how many punch lines were delivered with a four letter word.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention the entire episode about Hank's fan-club newsletter's "typo."

Agreed they priced this thing way too high.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Geeze, I've practically given up on this one. Really. I think they DID price the first one too high ($53.99 SRP originally! :eek: ), and by the time the price was lowered (to a still-too-high $39.95) no retailer was "wasting" shelf space on it. I hope I'm wrong, and I'm working on zero info from Columbia, but I personally think S2 plans are doomed.

Seth_S

Second Unit
I'm regretting not taping the series off HBO Comedy when they ran it in order last summer.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
It used to get a fair amount of syndication here in Canada. Especially our comedy central rip-off. However, now nothing... (I promised myself I wouldn't cry)

I'm gonna see how available the show is on Kazaa, maybe we all might have some luck there.

I just hope that if Columbia ever does release NewsRadio on DVD, they wont over charge for it, then cop out after season 1, that would seriously tick me off.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Glad I'm not alone wondering about the subsequent seasons of this on DVD. I was afraid that with so many TV season boxsets being released, one of them will be unfinished, but never thought something as great as Larry Sanders would be that one!

I might as well start recording it off Bravo and in 2 months have full seasons 3, 4, 5, and 6.

I'm regretting not taping the series off HBO Comedy when they ran it in order last summer.
Oh my god! They GOT TO show it again instead of 298th cycle of Curb Your Enthusiasm reruns! Mmm, I can imagine, uncensored, and without ads, digital signal, I could definetly live without DVD sets then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks