Anyone know any details about this film with The Rock?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jeff Gatie, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492956/

It had been titled "Daddy's Girl" and "Daddy's Little Girl", but was just changed recently to "The Game Plan". I know it is going to start filming in Boston later this month because my neice, who is a member of the Boston Ballet, has been asked to a casting call. I've seen plot summaries with the girl lead's age anywhere from 5 to 8 years old. I find this strange, because the casting call asked for "dancers of mixed ethnicity between the ages of 13 and 15 years old." It also said they would be involved in a dance scene at a local Boston theater and a few classroom scenes. I'm wondering if they have raised the age of the lead girl in the film (which would sort of go along with the title change), because 5-8 is hardly 13-15. Any one of you Hollywood insiders know? [​IMG]

I'm also curious about the "mixed ethnicity" part. My niece is bi-racial (Caucasian/African-American; her teacher actually thought of her first when she saw the casting call) and so is The Rock (Somoan/African-American). Hmmmm, I see on IMDB that the lead is not cast yet....

Nawww, now I'm just talking crazy.[​IMG]