What's new

Anyone here going to see 'THE SHINING' in Jersey tomorrow (10/30)? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was just invited by a friend to go with them to see The Shining that's supposedly going to be shown somewhere in Jersey tomorrow, I don't have all the details yet myself.

I did a search and saw a thread where it was playing in New York last week, but nothing on tomorrows screening.

So, is anyone here going? If so it'll be a cool chance to meet some of you. :emoji_thumbsup:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sorry to be so vague, but I actually have no idea, she just asked me if I wanted to go with her and another friend and I said sure, it's her other friend that has all the details.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
I saw this the other day at the Virginia in Champaign, IL where Ebert throws his annual Overlooked Film Festival. First time seeing it in the theater and boy does the big screen make a big difference.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'll bet it does! When she first asked me if I wanted to go I said "Um, your asking ME if I want to see The Shining on the big screen!? Are you shittin' me, hell yeah i'm in!" :)

Anyway, for what it's worth, if anyone from here attends, assuming you've found out where it will be, you can't miss me, i'll be wearing jeans and a black leather jacket.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
BTW - the movie looked GREAT projected at 1.85:1. I hope Warner's Hi-Def releases of the Kubrick's later films are presented this way.

Haggai - There was a guy dressed up as Michael Myers in the audience here. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, I made tremeandous ass of myself in this thread, I just came from seeing the film, but it wasn't in Jersey...it was in PA! :b

It wasn't my fault, though, she told me Jersey, still, not one of my better moments. ;)

And thanks, I actually considered wearing my Myers outfit, but i'm glad I didn't, nobody there was in costume. :D

They projected the film at 1.33:1 at the theater we went to, but my goodness, the print was in terrible shape! But hey, I can say now that i've seen The Shining on the big screen, plus, what could I ask for for 4 bucks? :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok since you were there, can you tell us were it was NOW?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It was at an old movie house called The Colonial in Pennsylvania, some of The Blob was shot there, it was used as the exterior for the scene when everyone was running screaming out of the theater.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok had a feeling that might be it.
it's in phoenixville near downingtown.
they show old movies there occasionally.

a blobfest is held every year and the running out of the theater is reenacted.

chinatown and raiders are showing next week.

others coming soon.
http://www.thecolonialtheatre.com/index2.html

click upcoming events.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
That's too bad they projected it that way and in a poor print. I ran an almost-new print of it (with the new stereo soundtrack) last weekend in New York, at the proper theatrical ratio of 1.85, and the crowd loved it.

dave wright

Agent
Real Name
Dave Wright
Had a great time the previous night at The Lafayette for a late night spookshow screening of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD!

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Hi, Dave.

Glad you enjoyed the show - wish we didn't have the brief power failure during it, but there's nothing we could do about that. Must have been the curse of The Exorcist... :)

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks