What's new

Anyone heard of this tweak??? (1 Viewer)

Rob Roth

Stunt Coordinator
Without endorsing any specific claims, I can believe this tweak MAY have some effects, and that some of the effects could be perceived as favorable.
The only universal truth we have in this situation is that we are dealing with electro-magnetic phenomena in many forms and at many different frequencies and amplitudes. Thus the sound and light which emits to please us is the end product of many, many electromagnetic phenomena- in totality comprising a very complex system of interactions. Some of the effects- relative to our perceptions of sound and light- are very dramatic first order effects. Some, less noticeable, are 2nd and 3rd order. There may be some heroic HTphiles who can even perceive 6th order effects.
My 20 plus years working with electronics has convinced me that there is a great deal we still do not know, and that interaction effects ar4e a bear to troubleshoot. What we may have with this tweak is an interaction that WILL work in certain systems and not in others. The vast range od other interacting components in varying systems ensures a wide range of outcomes.
For 18 bucks try it.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
But I know that there are other "type" of people who need to understand what is happening before making an stampede to the store. People who need objective measures to believe in something, and of course, this have nothing to do with the cost of the "tweak".
Manuel - exactly my point. :)
If it also told the time and only cost twenty bucks...sure ill try it. If it doesnt work for my penis at least I will have a timepiece!
Mike -
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.. you've just made my Friday!
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )

Perry Mason

Agent
a hoax regardless of whether its 18 bucks or a 100 times the amount is simply that. for those who've been in the electronics industry you should know better for those who haven't use your common sense. tice, who operates out of jupiter, fl. takes advantage of using scientific words without a shred of understanding in order to market products that don't work. he has so little faith in his own abilities that even when offered the chance for one of the easiest chances at a cool million and the ability to redeem what little integrity he has, has opted out. lord lord lord...if a clock could actually transform electricity like that it'd be patented for god's sake.
to those who feel there may be an issue with the power to their HT setups, consider running a separate line to your system.

DaleB

Stunt Coordinator
It's relatively easy to visualize the absrobing or reflecting of HF radiation with a ring around a tweeter, then try to understand the effects of an electronic clock on your HT system plugged in the same outlet.
Not to say it will be any easier to determine any improvement.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Ryan Wright:
All you have to do is buy a tone dialer from Radio Shack. Open it up, desolder the crystal that produces the tones, then solder it in backwards. Program the * key into memory location #1 5 times. Twice a day, hold the tone dialer to your left ear and press the memory 1 button. The tones will destroy the cancer in your body. If it doesn't work, make sure the volume is turned all the way up and the batteries are fresh. If it still doesn't work, you're doing it wrong.
IF you had cancer, and IF you had done these things and IF the cancer had gone away, even though you did nothing else to fight your cancer... you BET that a lot of people would try it. It wouldn't hurt them, it could only do them good. If it didn't work, well then they'd have to stick to the regular methods of fighting cancer.
Same with the RS clock tweak, if it works for you, good. If it doesn't, well return the thing, no harm done. But you can't say that it didn't work for those other peoiple just because it didn't work for you.
/Mike

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Would anyone go to an astrologer just because is cheap?
I'm sure some would. I would never go to an astrologist, because I think it's a bunch of BS. But I don't go around saying "I want proof!" to those who believe in astrology. If they do, fine. It doesn't affect me at all.
/Mike

Perry Mason

Agent
well, we can at least reason that with the neoprene rings there might be an effect upon the drivers. whether that's desireable or not who knows? Its a funny thing how the advertising seeks to make you feel that somehow your system, despite what you've spent and the care you've taken in selecting the various items, needs just a little bit more.
IMHO one of the best tweaks one can make is paying attention to how you've placed everything...the speakers...all that stuff. make sure your connections are clean and solid and try to get that significant other to stop rearranging things for god's sake!

Perry Mason

Agent
Astrology...that's pretty funny stuff and sad also when you see that India, is mandating that degree programs in the universities now include astrology. Amazing for a country that has had such a notable impact in mathematics and science that it now must be looked upon as promoting quackery.

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Perry,
I must tell you that your attitude is offends me (a fact that i'm sure causes you no concern :)). It seeems that unless you condone the activity (whatever it may be) that those that practice it must either be fools or quacks.
It seems that you are a sharp fellow. I think you are very intelligent but highly intolerant of things you do not comprehend (or simply choose not to even try to understand).
Remember....a mind like a steel trap can retain much knowledge, but it must be open sometimes for anything new to get in. :)
Mike

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Astrology...that's pretty funny stuff and sad also when you see that India, is mandating that degree programs in the universities now include astrology.
Where did you see that? I'm not trying to be hostile, but I'm from India, and I find that pretty interesting information.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
It simply amazes me the amount of hostility from folks who are willing to attack anything they don't understand.
Lee - I was under the impression this thread was going quite well. I haven't noticed any hostility. As for attacking things we don't understand - au contraire, I understand how electricity works, and this is why I am questioning (not attacking) the clock tweak.
If, however, you were referring to the astrology comments, then I have no idea. I'm not participating in that part of the discussion.
wink.gif

------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )

Brian

Stunt Coordinator
Lee,
You're right - I too am amazed and someone dismayed at the lack of understanding of basic scientific principles. For something that is taught in school to most people from an early age, there is a surprising lack of grasp of concepts like proofs, theories, hypotheses, and signifigance.
All some of ask for is some simple scientific backing for the claims, and we are attacked from all directions.
-B

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Why is it so difficult to grasp that no one objects to you guys asking for proof. The objection comes from y'all ( I am from Florida you know :)) constantly entering a thread where a "tweak" is being discussed and DEMANDING proof (to your requirements) and then calling everyone that doesnt need the proof idiots ( or something else equally insulting).
If you see a topic that is about a "questionable" tweak, why not just ignore it to begin with.
I dont like Star Wars....you dont see me jumping into every Star Wars love fest and pissing on the campfire. You fellas need to learn yourself some manners.
Want proof? Go and get it yourself. Start a thread reporting your findings. Wait and see how many "believers" jump in to refute your findings....I bet you will wait a long, long time.
Mike

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
a mind like a steel trap can retain much knowledge, but it must be open sometimes for anything new to get in.
I agree with that, Mike. I think the problem many of us have is that some people's minds seem to be "open" SO much, we wonder if their brains are leaking out :)
------------------

Perry Mason

Agent
Mike Knapp: Hey good to see you! And no, you really didn’t have to tell me but hey I don’t mind. The one thing I do admire about you Mike is that you come out and direct your comments to an individual and don’t hide behind veiled comments. You’re quite right that not only do I believe that astrology is quackery but that it is. I’m not going to waffle on this position. The fact that there are people who base important decisions…life, stocks, political and military actions on this way of thinking is frightening. Can’t always sit on the fence and try to act ‘politically correct’ or sample the pollsters…there’s right and wrong. I object to throwing money at problems after its been shown that no good was done. I’m not interested in governmental spending that makes people ‘think’ they’re doing something good. For the record, everything I know suggests that the D.A.R.E. program doesn’t work. But woe be he who objects to it. However all that is not audio.
The clock idea, as postulated in the origins of this thread is silly with the only good thing being that Radio Shack will refund your money. Your time though is another matter. Its as silly as those people who went and painted or waxed their CD’s or put them in freezers. Its as silly as those ‘salons’ that ‘demagnetize your disks or irradiate them under UV light. Putting Tice’s name on it only further stamps it as mumbo jumbo.
The one thing you ought to know though, is my belief in integrity and honesty and that the consumer, yes even the HT consumer, is entitled to the same from whom they deal with. You won’t get less from me.
Saurev: Yes I found it rather amazing myself and you can read some of the details at the following link…http://www.randi.org/jr/06-01-01.html
To my mind this is what you get when you mix religion and politics. I can only hope that saner minds will prevail in India and put a stop to this nonsense. I’m sure you can get additional information from the Indian Consulate or maybe they’ll soon be posting

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
For the record.....I do not follow astrology. But....and this is a very important but....I will fight for the right of someone else to practice it unfettered by my opinions.
Last I checked, we all had the right to be a quack. :)
Perry, Im sure if we met we would get along famously!
Mike

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
That was an interesting article, especially since I follow Indian online newspapers pretty regularly (i.e., every day), and didn't see any mention of anything like this. Anyway, that is a pretty flippant article, and I wouldn't take it too seriously. That website seems to take as extreme a stand on debunking 'myths', as some of the very sites that propagate those 'myths'.
I'm pretty sure you posted that just as an example of human folly, and didn't mean anything about Indians in particular, because similar examples of, well, stupidity, exist in practically all cultures. For instance, right here in America, I remember a bit of a recent furore about schools teaching Darwin's evolutionary theory, as it contradicted the Bible's view of how the world was created. You're right, science and religion both have their place, and they don't usually mix very well, especially in incompetent hands.
And as for astrology, I don't know. I do know that a lot of people believe in it very strongly, and as a consequence some people have made a lot of money by playing with other peoples' fears and hopes. However, I do believe that there is more to the universe than what is known to science today... much much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks