What's new

Anyone hear the new Disturbed CD? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im digging it. Its a bit more "emotional" than Sickness.

And WTF?! about MTV not playing the Prayer video? Its not offensive or exploiting 9/11.

Thoughts on both?

Shawn C

Screenwriter
So much for "Day and Date" DVD-A releases from Warner. Ah well, I gotta get get the CD now..

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
Awsome disc. The last song Darkness took me by complete surprise. Never imagined I would hear a song like that from Disturbed.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I picked it up yesterday and I like it. Not sure if I like it as much as Sickness but I've only listened to it twice so far and I loved Sickness. They're a great band that deserves more attention.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Good stuff, a bit of a grower that gets better with more listens though it'll take some growing to better the sickness ;) that cd has been played more times than i care to think at my local gym!!!
Anyone listened to the Stonesour cd? that is very very good.

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
I like it more, each time I listen to it.

I can['t compare it to Sickness, because I've never heard all of Sickness. I've liked what I have heard off of Sickness, but I haven't really bought CDs since DVDs came out. I bought Believe, because I think Prayer is an AWESOME song!

The lack of a video for it, will definately kill it's momentum. It probably would have been a huge hit, if it were getting heavy rotation on TRL.

I do see why MTV won't play the video though. People won't care what Disturbed's motivation was for the video, they'll simply see it as a play off of 9/11.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
From what I've heard of it so far (my wife keeps the CD in the truck and I have to steal it from her), it sounds good. I wouldn't say it's as good as The Sickness, but it's a good follow-up.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I was never a real hardcore disturbed fan, but i do like their music. I listen to System of a Down MORE, but not to say Disturbed isnt as good, they're a great band, just havent gotten around to buying their CD until now :D

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Shawn, Better late than never. Announced today by Image Entertainment that the DVD-A will be out on Oct 15th.
Well, that's NICE. I JUST BOUGHT IT TODAY AT BEST BUY. Hahaha. Oh well, I guess I'll just copy the CD to my computer for listening there and pick up the DVD-A next month.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Overall, the new one has more songs I like than Sickness. Sickness has 4 or 5 very strong tunes but the rest is filler. Believe has solid stuff throughout the whole thing. I think they've hit their stride.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks