What's new

Anyone have Toejam and Earl 3? (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I can't believe the rating that Gamespot gave it (5.0). Has anyone played it? Is it really that bad? I hope not...
:frowning:

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Comes out tommorrow Andre I'll have it in the morning. Wont play till the evening but Ill try to get impressions up.

PS. Buy the game and play it for yourself. To hell with reviews.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
Game Informer (the magazine they push at Gamestop/Babbages) also gave the game a pretty terrible review.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, I give Game Informer a pretty terrible review
One step up from GamePro, a magazine I found juvenille and horrific when i was 10

Andre F

Screenwriter
PS. Buy the game and play it for yourself. To hell with reviews.
Normally I would with especially with this game, but I'm trying to watch the gaming budget. I still have a lot of games that are just sitting there doing nothing because I never beat them.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Greg Johnson on the GameSpot review:

I designed ToeJam and Earl III as well as the first two ToeJam and Earl games. I'm very disappointed in Jeff's review and I encourage everyone to make up their own minds.

Here is a quote from last lines of the review in the November Issue of Play magazine, by Dave Halverson, the guy that runs the Magazine.

"At the end of the day Mission to Earth is many things...a great video game filled with some of the most impressive visuals you'll ever see, dripping with style and oozing with Funk Essence; a fan's wish come true; and perhaps most profoundly, proof that video game designers can still think outside the box, exhibiting vision and individuality beyond the confines of the generic planning so popular in today's board rooms. I can't imagine anyone not falling in love with it". And they give us a 4.5 out of five. You might even check out the preview by Ricardo Torres on this site, that was much better balanced, and as far as I'm concerned much more professional and better written.

Whenever you do something new people will be split. If you go into territory that is satirical and light hearted you face greater general criticism than if you do something that is dark and serious. If you incorporate funk and urban culture in your game you invite the criticism of every arm chair expert who wants to prove how much of an expert they are on what's "cool".

My advise to you and all gamers is don't put too much stock in what other people think, especially when it comes to something as subjective as this. You will know if it feels good to you and makes you laugh or enjoy some quality play time with a friend. You be the judge.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Fuck the reviewers!

Just go out and rent the game if you are worried about it not being that great. As for me I will be picking this one up as a purchase!

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
...or, if you don't mind waiting another couple of weeks, hold out for the demo that's supposedly going to be included with next month's OXM...

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I've been waiting for this title since it was originally announced. I'm surprised at the reviews, but as a huge fan of the original game reviews aren't going to deter me from purchasing the game. As soon as I get the game I'll post my impressions.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
It must suck to be stuck at work getting paid to post on HTF.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
It must suck to be stuck at work getting paid to post on HTF.
Oh its horrid I tell you.:D
My job can be horribly hectic sometimes to the point where I dont get out of here till very late. (My fellow Socom players can attest to this). Most of the time though I sit here and look at my computer monitor all day or watch a movie. I gotta do something to past the time.;)

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Romier, you need to take up a collection here so we can chip in and get you a TV + Xbox/PS2/GCN for your work.
:D

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Romier...

Are you sure you don't live in the same town as me???

I've been debating starting to take my GBA to work. I've been bored off my can at work lately. Such is the trouble when all of the budget dollars for the year are already spent in IT.

Glen

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I've been debating starting to take my GBA to work
Have mine sitting right next to me:). I beat Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance at work in fact:). Just have to get a new game. Yoshi's Island will probably be the next one I get along with the rerelease of Contra 3 on the GBA.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

ive played it for about an hour, its pretty good, although i expected more out of the audio. Good graphics, nice game play. The only problem is, as the hours of gameplay increase, Andrew's GPA decreases :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks