What's new

Anyone have the Marantz SR-9200? (1 Viewer)

Alan_C

Auditioning
I had decided to get the B&K AVR 307, but I liked the sound of the SR18EX. Has anyone compared the 9200 to the B&K. The B&K was very musical and sounded great on HT applications as well. I balked at the Marantz due to lack of upgrade and needing separate amp to drive 7 channels.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Alan, good choice in a receiver. I seriously considered that piece. I t looks great! I am confused about what you stated in your post. Unless I am missing something, you do not need a seperate amp to drive the 2 extra channels. Also, it is upgradeable through computer. And I did compare the 2. Both models are exceptional, "REFERENCE" quality for both music and movies. I love Marantz and have used their products for years so I did purchase the 9200, it also came down to price, I was looking at the Denon 5800, B&K 3700, Integra 9.1 and the 9200. I got a great deal on the 9200. Pretty much unheard of. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the B&K set you back?

Bob Craig

Auditioning
I'm interested in either the 9200 or 8200 or Denon 5800. I haven't had a chance to listen to any of these yet? I know it's pretty subjective, but does anyone know how these sound compared to each other?

Jeff...you said you got a great deal on the 9200. Mind telling me what you paid and where you got it? I'm ready to get a new receiver pretty quick.

Thx, Bob

P.S.-- I'll be driving Def Techs with it (BP30s, CLR2000, BP2Xs)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks