What's new

Anyone have the 40" XBR Sony Stand? Help. (1 Viewer)

JeremyX

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I just need some measurements of the actual area where you can place components..I have guesstimated the width to be 32", but I need to know the vertical clearance for the bottom shelf and the top.
Thanks in advance. :)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
If it helps Crutchfield lists the following dimensions:
designed to match the KV-40XBR800
two tempered-glass component shelves
internal path for concealing wires
44-5/8"W x 18"H x 31-1/8"D
Looking at the pics I would guess the 18" or so of clearance to be split roughly 10" for the bottom and 8" for the top. Here is a link
Link
If you call them they may be able to tell you exactly. They have pretty good Tech.
As a side note, if you haven't purchased the TV yet. They are selling it for $2999, but the stand is included for free as well as free shipping and IN home delivery. So the stand would be sort of risk free, you wouldn't be out anything if it didn't fit your components.
EDIT- Looking again I see that the bottom shelf is raised a bit from the bottom of the stand. So, maybe a bit less clearance.

JeremyX

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Luke..yeah I've been ALL over the, web including Crutchfield.com to try and get info on USABLE space...it's not 10" for the bottom though, I think it's more like 8" and maybe 6.5 or 7" on top..sometimes I really have to wonder what those crazy guys at sony are thinking. ;)
Thanks for the link tho. :)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
If it helps, I have my Pioneer Elite receiver on the bottom shelf with a VCR and DVD player side by side on the top. You are not going to be able to fit anyhting much taller than a VCR on the top shelf.

Jeff_Strossner

Auditioning
The shelf dimensions on the 40xbr stand are:

12in at back of stand
32in across the front
7in straight back on the front and then it angles to back

4in of clearance between tv and first shelf
7.5in between first and second shelf

Jeff

Steve Lance

Auditioning
I've got the XBR800 and removed the middle shelf to put my center channel. That gives you about 16" of useable shelf space. Interestingly, I've also had problems with shielding on this TV. I've never been able to get any speaker (shielded or not) within a foot of this TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks