What's new

Anyone have detailed info on the new Yamaha receivers? (1 Viewer)

Bill cc

Agent
Saw this thread here about the new Yamaha receivers coming out featuring DPL2, DTS ES, etc.
The one I'm most interested in is the 6 channel rx-v730.
MSRP is $599 (street probably $500 or less)
Right now the rx-v1200 is out with those featues but a street price of at least $650
Does anyone have detailed info on these new Yamaha's...
especially the rx-v730
Theres a little info in that thread and a link to widescreen review, but they dont have the Yamaha info on their page anymore.
I want to see how the rx-730 directly compares to the rx-v1200..
Detailed info like number of DSP's, zone 2 outputs, number of digital and video input/outputs, video bandwith, and if it has preouts.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FredC

Grip
I'm also very interested in any info on this new receiver, as I am currently auditioning a 1200 and am very impressed. But at close to $200 more, I'm not opposed to returning the 1200.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Just saw my yamaha dealer. He confirmed the 730 should be here by summer at 599.00. New chip, dplII, etc. I will wait till I see these b4 upgrading. Was thinking of 1200, but even he advised me to wait!

Bill cc

Agent
The Yamaha dealer said the rx-v730 won't be out till summer?
Arghgh!!:angry: :frowning:
I thought they were being released in March.
I guess I'm gonna have to go for the rx-v1200
I already sold my previous receiver in order to upgrade and
I need a replacement ASAP
Anyways, I have a feeling the rx-v730 will be comprimised in some way in order to justify the low price.
It probably doesnt have preouts.
I really wish I could find some more info, though, in order to do a direct comparison. Anyone think Yamaha will tell me anything if I call them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks