What's new

Anyone gotten their AV15's? (1 Viewer)

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Brian

You beat me to posting, lol. I was gonna tell you the same thing. She got in touch with me earlier and said mine were gonna ship today also. Guess I'm gonna start making the manifold for my IB this weekend!!!!!!

NP on the time delay, just one of those things that happens, I guess :)

Tracy

Now I just gotta find a good price on a BFD... Anybody got a suggestion?

Jonathan_D

Stunt Coordinator
Now I just gotta find a good price on a BFD... Anybody got a suggestion?
I got mine from Zzounds.com. They price match and only charged like $6 for shipping so I searched around the web till I found a lower price, sent it to them and they hooked me up for like $117 with shipping. :D

Denis P

Grip
The last post from John on the Stryke site said he did not not expect to have AV15s shipped to him until this coming week. I have four on pre-order.

Tracy and Brian - are you saying that you have received notice that your AV15's from the recent pre-order were shipped last week? Did John contact you with tracking numbers or did you have to contact him? This is pretty exciting, maybe mine are already on the way!

Thanks

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Denis

Yes and no. Our AV15s were shipped (still awaiting their arrival), but these were sent back to TC Sounds for warranty work back in Feb or March. For whatever reason (I believe their move to new facilities) the ones sent back were lost. These being shipped to us are being sent directly from TC Sounds, the manufacturer, because of the ones returned for warranty work. They were not bought on the last pre-order.

And I appreciate those suggestions for a BFD. I ended up ordering one from Instrumentpro.com before getting these suggestions. Same as most other places, 119.99 shipped.

Just waiting on the new batch of toys to arrive now :D

Tracy

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I got an update from Mary Anne at TC Sounds. I was checking on the status of an AV15 that needed to be fixed(from 1st preorder), that was shipped today. The rest of the AV15's are sitting on pallets and they're waiting for the trucking company to come pick them up. She said they would leave tomorrow or day after to be shipped to Stryke.

Now I have motivation to finish my tubes, gotta go finish making some dust.

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Tracy!!

I got my AV15 today, did you get yours?? Looks like all is correct except one small problem that I need help with. . .

One of the voice coil +/- (red/black) is backwards. Does anyone know when you are looking at the inputs from the side of the driver, is the left terminal positive, or the right?

Mine has one each way, and if I wire them in series as they are labeled, the cone will not move. When I wire from the amp positive to coil 1 positive, then from coil 1 negative to coil 2 negative, and then from coil 2 positive to the amp negative, the driver works great!!!

Help!!
Brian

Tracy_L

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Brian

Yep, got two of those monsters sitting in my garage right now. I got one out of the box just to oooooh and aaaah over it, then packed it back up. Didn't even look at it to see if I have the same problem. I'll check when I get home, probably in the morning before I'll actually look at it.

They're purty!!!!!
Too bad you won't see the silver cone in my ib setup:frowning:

Oh well, I think I'll be able to live with it :D

Tracy

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Tracy - I agree, they are nice subs. I took a couple of pictures of the AV sitting next to my XXX 15 that I will post in the next few days!!! The AV looks pretty small next to the XXX, but it is half the price!!!

Magnus Lindqvist - I am 100% for sure one of the coils is labeled backwards. I never thought about using a battery to determine the polarity. I work for Delphi, and all of our speakers are setup so when positive voltage is applied to the positive terminal, the cone moves outward. Does anyone know if that is true for all speakers? I would assume it would need to be constant for all speakers. . .

Brian

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

The battery trick should work. With the battery connected with proper polarity, the cone will move outwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks