Anyone get their 3 or 5 free hd-dvd's yet?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by king, Dec 21, 2006.

1. David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

Certainly irritating -- 2 or my 5 had gouges across the UPC and a good bit of the case. I think I'll fire off an email with a couple links to the number of complaints about this intentional destruction if I can figure out who might be the best earpiece.

Mailed rebate 3rd week in April, received today -- yikes.

2. Matthew J

Matthew J Agent

Mine came today. All the Universal titles have the slashes on the back, and if that weren't enough, they sent U-571 instead of my select The Perfect Storm. Disgraceful

3. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

BTW they slash the UPCs on the cases so you can't easily resell the discs. Very common.

I'm sending my 5 free offer off tomorrow. I hope it doesn't take 4 months since I'm moving in about 3.

4. Mark_TB

Mark_TB Second Unit

I'm trying to get an idea of the current turnaround time on Toshiba's 5 free discs offer. I sent mine in over two months ago, but I see that it took about 4 months for those who submitted their requests around the beginning of the year. Is there anyone here who has received their discs more recently, and, if so, how long did it take you to get them? Thanks in advance.

Mark

5. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    So how quickly is Toshiba turning around the requests now? Surely with production of HD-DVD's in full swing now it should take less time.

I sent my paperwork in the first week of August and here it is late September.... [​IMG]

6. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
  7. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Took about 5 months for me

8. mitch

mitch Stunt Coordinator

I just received my five free after 8 weeks. This was one day after they told me that my order was lost and that I need to re-submit everything all over again.

It's still well worth the wait when you calculate how much those HD DVD's are worth!

Long live HD DVD!

Mitch

9. Alfonso_M

Alfonso_M Second Unit

I just received my 5 free HD-DVDs from Toshiba today after mailing the paperwork on 7.24, they also swapped out my "U2" choice with "Blazing saddles".[​IMG]

UPC was slashed in only one out of the five tittles.

10. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    I've yet to have Wherehouse.com refuse any discs I've mailed to them to sell due to a UPC being punched, marked through or otherwise defaced.

11. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    ....the 10th of November. What is that, 13 or 14 weeks? My five discs finally arrived today.

12. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Fulfillment company received the necessary paperwork October 24, 2006 (I sent it via Return Receipt Requested). Called today and was told that the discs were shipped to me January 8, 2008. According to the rep I spoke with, the discs are sent via Third Class Mail from either El Paso or the Minnesota city mentioned earlier.

13. Robert A

Robert A Stunt Coordinator

I bought a $98 A2 back in November and submitted my form the next day. I guess it has been about 9-10 weeks now. Still waiting ... I hope that they still come given the current state of affairs. I am firmly planted in the red camp, at least until I can get a profile 2.0 BD player for $98.

14. DwayneH

DwayneH Stunt Coordinator

I just received my 5 HD DVD's this week. It took about 8 weeks.

15. Charles_Y

Charles_Y Stunt Coordinator

Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
    I sent my form in two months ago and kept a copy but that is all I have. There is no web address or phone # just a PO in El Paso, TX. Does anyone have contact info for the fulfillment company. I have no way to track this.

16. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Charles, you might have missed the number because two threads were consolidated. Per Brent's post #16, the phone number is (800) 405-7520.

To state the obvious, they appear to be somewhat disorganized. I received a postcard yesterday regarding "a delay in the processing of [my] claim for the free HD DVD movie promotion," with a new "Shipment Date" of January 30, despite being told on the 11th that my discs were shipped on the 8th. I called and was told that the postcard was delayed; it was supposed to have been sent out last October (!) shortly after my paperwork was first received and that indeed my discs were sent on the 8th via Third Class Mail from El Paso.

I also learned via the postcard that my "Category D" choice, Rattle and Hum, has been replaced with a second "Category E" choice, The Perfect Storm.

17. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

My Perfect Storm was replaced by Rattle and Hum back in October. It's still in the wrapper. Wanna trade?

18. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Jeff:

Re "Wanna trade?" Sure, sure--you've got PM. And thank you!

19. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Picked up discs at the p.o. box today. Packed in one of those annoyingly-messy-if-ripped, padded-with-reconstituted-paper-instead-of-air mailer envelopes and nothing else. Package shipped from Rockford, Minnesota (not El Paso as I was told on the 14th).

The disorganization comes as no surprise. As I suspected when I first heard that some discs were to ship from Rockford, I can now confirm from the return address that fulfilment is being handled by Archway Marketing Services.

Archway handled last fall's (very delayed) shipment of discs and HD DVD players to the HTF members who attended the 2007 Home Media Expo.