What's new

Anyone get their 3 or 5 free hd-dvd's yet? (1 Viewer)

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Yeah, normally I wouldn't complain about free stuff, but this offer was the primary reason I bought an HD-DVD player. Now I wish I'd just waited for the price drop, it would have been cheaper for me to buy the player + the 2 movies I really wanted.

Racer57

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger
Well..............believe it or not, I finally received my three DVD's yesterday. Sent in 1st week of January.

Now, I wonder since I added to the order 2 more free disks, when and if I will receive them.

I won't complain to much tho because at least I did get what was promised me originally.

Roger

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
I called yesterday and they said I was in their system but that they're really backed up and I should wait 4 weeks before calling again. Sigh.

bigtone

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Sent off for the original 3 in mid February and received them this past Saturday. I spoke to Toshiba today and they informed that my other two will arrive around July 2nd...

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Received my 3 discs this past Friday. I sent the form in during the last week of February.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Just got mine today, almost 4 months to the date I ordered them.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Surprisingly got my fourth and fifth discs today! What a wonderful, welcome surprise. Toshiba has restored, briefly, my faith in humanity.

Don't worry, it'll be shattered soon enough.

ericJed

Agent
True story.
Sent mine in Jan 7th.
Have called to ask when about 10 times. Last month I called In and ask to be bump up to the 5 free offer and they said the would ask for it but no guentees. Open mail tonight and there was the two "Extra" movies from the 5 , BUT still no original 3 that they have had on record since Jan! O well At least I got two free,Not two I care about all that much but what the heck.Right?

Racer57

Auditioning
Real Name
Roger
I also got my 4th and 5th discs yesterday. Kudos to Toshiba for finally making it right.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Will Toshiba give you the 2 extra DVDs if you already received 3 from the earlier promotion? I received my 3 free DVDs back in mid February and thought I missed out on the better 5 for free offer. I see some people that got the 3 around the time I received mine are getting 2 more extra DVDs now.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I finally received my 3 titles last week (Casablanca, Apollo13 & Sky Captain).

It took four months.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I got an answer to my own question. I called and they said they would give me 2 more movies even though I already received the 3 earlier. My choices however were limited to selections from only categories D and E. Nothing I really wanted but since they are free I ended up choosing the Rundown and U-571. They said I need to wait an additional 6 weeks to receive them, so I'm hoping they keep their promise. Anyone that got 3 better call to get the extra DVDs. Here's a copy of the offer below.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/pdf/rebates/12960.pdf

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Just received my 5 discs, 8 weeks after mailing in. Both Universal titles (U-571, Apollo 13) have gigantic gashes through the back of the case, going through the bar code. Has anyone else gotten this? The mailing envelope wasn't damaged, and it's in the same spot on both. Cases and inserts are ruined, and the U-571 disc was a floater, with a huge scratch that causes the film to break up after about 4 minutes. Needless to say, I'll be calling for replacements for both.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I had 3 of 5 DVDs with the torn cases. Here is a picture of one example. Seems they frequently do this with promotional offers because I've had this done in the past with free DVD offers.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Oh well, guess I'll suck it up for Apollo 13, and see if I can get the scratched U-571 floater disc replaced. Sucks though - I've gotten "cut out" CDs and the like before, where the barcode has been punched out in a slightly less, uh, serial-killer-like fashion. Oh, and thanks BrianP!

ericJed

Agent
Guess what?
I finally got my 3 free disk's on Saturday!
That was the longest wait for a rebate or free offer I have ever seen. I sent my offer in on January 7th and they received it on March 23rd and it took until July 21st to arrive! I got Riddick with the huge gash over the UPC as well. Blazing Saddles looks great .

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I have to say that, without a doubt, this promotion was one big disappointment for me. To wait for over four months to have three of the five HD DVDs I ordered purposely butchered just irritates me no end. Fortunately, I was able to quickly turn these HD DVDs around for $50 online because I really don't want marred movies in my collection. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks