Anyone get the HSU STF-2 from Compusa for $199?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jason Hammerly, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

2. Tuan Vo

Tuan Vo Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I hear ya. I was trying to save up for the svs but when I heard about it I wanted to get this anyway since it was such a good deal. According to the store manager, he checked the data base nationwide for all the stores and it came up with only three more left in stock. Two at Arlington, TX and one at West Palm Beach, FL. I wanted to get them to bring one to Austin, TX from the Arlington store but they had already them on reserve for other customers. I do get kind of peeved that some people would buy the sub just to make some cash but its okay, save up for the SVS instead. I'm pretty sure CompUSA didn't really stock up on these subs anyway.

3. Jason Hammerly

Jason Hammerly Supporting Actor

yea ... I agree. They are popping up on Ebay now. That's capitalism for ya. [​IMG]

4. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Yeah, I wasn't too happy when I got to the COMPUSA store in Austin to find that they had one demo on display and it was on hold for another customer.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Actually, most of them were probably bought by people who work there before the public even has a shot at them, and then they show up on good 'ol Ebay. Happens all the time. That's a good deal.

6. Paul__A

Paul__A Extra

I was able to score the last new one in the Culver City, Californa store. Great price for this sub, couldnt pass it up.

7. Jeremy_R

Jeremy_R Stunt Coordinator

I tried. I went to all 3 of my local stores with no luck. I don't think they ever carried them, probably a year ago I was in one of the stores and they didn't have them then.

The only speakers I saw were computer speakers and a sony htib.

8. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

You know what the saddest part is? CompUSA was still probably grossing 30% on those.

9. David_L_B

David_L_B Auditioning

I bought two each at the $199 price. I had already purchased one the week before at $399 so that one went back and I essentially got two for the price of one.

Their cost is $182.50. It was on the order screen on the computer at the store I visited and this cost price has been confirmed by some CompUSA employees on another HT forum.

-David

10. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Stunt Coordinator

If anyone is still interested in one I believer the CompUSA here still has a couple if someone wants me to pick one up.

11. Tuan Vo

Tuan Vo Stunt Coordinator

Really, I asked them to search their database and theres no more across the nation left. The last two near me were reserved and the other one was at West Palm Beach, FL which is prolly a floor demo. I'm pretty sure they didn't keep any in stock since it probably wasn't a high selling item. On a lighter note, I may be picking up a PB2-ISD instead.

12. Mike_Skeway

Mike_Skeway Second Unit

A friend of my grabbed the last one in this state. It was a demo.