What's new

Anyone get Pikmin yet? (1 Viewer)

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
The game only lasts for about 10-15 hours to play through once. However, there is a lot of replay value here apparently, because a "Challenge" mode appears once you beat the game. The game is amazing. I was a little unsure about getting it, but decided to go ahead and do it. I was not disappointed. They only had once copy left at Best Buy today, and it was the fifth store I went to. That and SSB:M were both very hard to find. The great thing about this game is there are so many ways to solve each puzzle. I might solve it one way, and you might solve it a completely different way. There's not just one right answer to the puzzles.

I'd say get it.

ruhrie

Agent
I am still on the fence, everyone I have talked to said it was great. I think if I buy it I will buy it from Electronics Boutique and they have a 14 day policy that you are allowed to sort of preview the game, but you can only exchange for another game and not return for money. But, if you decide this path then the game you exchange the sale is final, unless defective then they would replace the game. If I do not like the game, then I will exchange it for something else. I did try and rent Pikmin, but it was not available to rent yet in J-ville.

Rich

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I haven't sat and timed it exactly, but it appears that one day = ~20 minutes in real life. Which means that if you play the game all the way through and don't restart any days (doubtful), it will take you 10 hours to get to the end. However, you can get to the end without winning, so the "bum rush" method is not recommended.

In addition to the challenge mode, I can tell you right now that the main game is replayable as well. I'm on day 16 now, and I'm already thinking about my strategy the next time through. When I was halfway through with Luigi's Mansion (an even shorter game), I knew I would have no interest in playing it again (good thing I rented).

ruhrie

Agent
Well I just wanted everyone one to know since I started this thread that I broke down and bought Pikmin today. I will give my impressions tomorrow.

Rich

ruhrie

Agent
Well, this review will be short.

Graphically, the game is good. The two environments that I have seen are nice. However, I am not in awe of anything yet after seeing RS2 and Luigi's Mansion. The game is full of colors and the way the environment interacts with you is cool. The environment is not too polygony (if that is a word) as some PC games.

My rating B+

Gameplay

I am actually undecided here because I have not gotten use to the control of the Pikmin. I feel once I get it down it will be great.

My rating A

Sound,

Typical of Nintendo, a lot of different midi files for the sound. I am dissapointed that I have to read during the game, when the words could be there but at least have some type of voice.

My rating C

The one word that typifies this game is "different". This game is by far unlike any that I have played before, which intriques me. However, I am not sure I like the must be done in a day thing, but it does add some type of excitement to this game.

Overall, I would recommend this game to anyone who wants to try something new and unusual.

Something I would like to know is what little kid could play this game? I am only on the third day and got frustrated.

However, if you are not sure, then wait to rent this one at blockbuster and then make your decision. However, so far I do not regret paying the $50 bucks for this game and even Luigi's Mansion.

Rich

For those who are wondering I am playing it on an Avia calibrated Mits WT-46085 HDTV.

This game supposedly is not 16:9 but with progressive activated it looked true. I tried to compare it in interlace mode, but I could not tell a significant difference in 4:3 mode. If I only had a digital camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks