What's new

Anyone found or built the Ultimate DVD Rack/Shelf/Cabinent? (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
I have over 400 DVDs and a large boxsets (i.e. the ones that come with lobby cards etc) I am still hunting for the Ultimate solution for housing and displaying my DVDs. I am looking for a book shelf type configurations that would house my collections and have room for many more DVDs. Also for a lot of room at the top of the unit or adjustable shelves to fit those large boxsets into. Has anyone come across the Ultimate DVD Display Rack/Shelf/Cabinent?
Thanks everyone in advance,
Spero D.
(I didn't know which forum to put this into so moderators feel free to move if you so wish)

BobN

Auditioning
Spero, a couple of years ago I was looking for a rack for my cd's. All of the ones I found were either cheaply made or too expensive. I ended up building my own. Our decor in the room was golden oak so this was relatively easy to match. I made a bookshelf with the dimensions of 6'h x 26"w x 7 1/4"d. The shelves were 5 1/2"d the top is 9 1/4"d and the bottom is 11 1/4"d. This is a free standing unit with fixed shelves. Solid wood all the way around with a back panel made of 1/4" oak plywood. total cost of material from a local home depot/ loews was approx $140.00. Total construction time including finishing approx 6hrs over two days. Bottom line I have a functional piece of furniture that I made myself with simple carpentry tools. This rack holds about 650 cd's.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
I've been on the hunt for a couple of weeks for the right component rack. In my travels, I found a great oak book shelf at a local furniture shop. It's perfect for DVDs, and I picked it up as their floor display for just under $200. Works great and has adjustable shelving.
Boltz is also a good place to look, I'm just not into the metal look.
Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks