What's new

Anyone experiencing Netflix problems? (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Rick, have you tried calling Netflix? You still might get the canned response, but I've found they move quicker when you talk to them personally and remind them that there are other rental companies out there (those other companies might be even slower, but it's still a good threat to add).

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Joe, I'm going to give this e-mail thing one more shot and then will give them a call. Unfortunately, I've heard that the customer service number hasn't worked for many based on other sites on the web I've checked relating feedback in dealing with them by phone. But, we'll see.

I was curious as to what people on Hometheaterforum have experienced by calling Netflix directly.

Later, Rick

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
Rick that finally happened to me this week as well. The got a movie back very late on Wednesday, and I got an email saying that they received it. I immediately opened the queue, and the queue said that they expected the next disc to ship on Friday. I checked the queue and the first two slots were listed as available "Now".

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Update: I had 2 other weeks like the one I described above. Basically 3 weeks in a row of returning 5 discs on Monday and gettin'em back on Friday or Sat.

I took a week break (busy), then put 4 discs in the mailbox yesterday morning (monday) and today @ 9AM they're already shown as received.

Weird eh?

--
H

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,I also get my discs from Melville. Been with NetFlix for about a year. Have the 3 disc plan. Usually rent 6 a week,it has always been a 1 day turnaround. I am in Wantagh,not far from Melville. My experiance has been very good. I really don't think they peanalize heavy renters. I average 20 to 24 a month. That would be much more than I would have rented from a store.

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
ok,mailed two at about 3 pm April 4. Just checked, the next two have been sent. They will be here tomorrow. I'm satisfied.

Todd Calhoun

Agent
I've only been using Netflix for about 5 weeks. Usually, I send the discs out Monday, and have a new batch by Friday. Last Monday, I sent 3 discs in, and now, a 8 days later, they still don't show as having been received. Do they ever take this long, or are the discs probably lost?

danak

Second Unit
Todd,
That's a pretty long time to take to get there. It sounds like yours normally take longer than most (where do you live, Hawaii?) so the discs may have been further delayed by the post office. At this point, you can declare all of them lost and your next discs will be sent out to you. When/if the old discs are received by Netflix, they will be taken off your "they're lost" pile.

Dana

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
In the other Netflix thread, I have been praising the turnaround time since there is a Netflix PO Box in Honolulu based at the Main Post Office. So I am getting my discs in 1-3 days.
-

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I've been with Netflix since 2000, and when it first started it wasn't all that fast with the closest centre being in California and I'm in Texas. When they opened a new centre a few miles from me, it was lightning fast. I mailed the movies to them on Monday after viewing them on the weekend, and I got new ones by Wednesday.

It was all good until recently. Now they wait for a day, or two, after receiving the movie from me before it is entered in the queu. Then they wait another day, or two, before they ship me a replacement. I'll be lucky if I receive replacement by the next Monday which means no weekend viewing.

I'm on a 4 disc plan so it still works out for me but I'm thinking of giving Blockbuster or Walmart (are they still around?) a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks