What's new

Anyone ever meet someone for a date after chatting online? (1 Viewer)

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
My ex-wife met with people she met on IRC a couple of times -- while we were married. One guy sent her airline tickets and she visited him in Minnesota from California.
Unfortunately, I'm not kidding...

Eric Scott

Second Unit
quote: "evil hands that are as soft as a babies butt"[/quote]What kind of dish soap does he use?
[Edited last by Eric Scott on September 20, 2001 at 07:37 PM]

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I met my first college girlfriend (sophomore year) online, and it was by accident...her younger brother used her account and messaged me at random, looking for trouble, the little punk.
This was 15 years ago!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Guys please, no make fun of evil hand, it get angry, want slap faces and grab things, make eyes water, have chained to wall right now, me Tarzan you Jane [Yodelling].
Kevin I sent you that pic of me in that green floral dress and you hated it, or was it the high heels, ok be like that I'll send it to Eric, I have a tattoo too too if you're interested.
wink.gif

POSTED BY STEVE'S GORGEOUS CLONE, STELLA.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
My ex-wife met with people she met on IRC a couple of times -- while we were married. One guy sent her airline tickets and she visited him in Minnesota from California.
Unfortunately, this is more common than one might expect. A buddy of mine ended up divorced the same way. His wife of 10+ years met someone online. Eventually they were trading phone calls, then she started planning to meet him, etc. She refused to fess up and lied about it (even though I helped him install some keylogging software so he had records of all of her conversations). I also have friends at our local cellular office - we got him her voicemail password and records of her calling activity. Seems this stay at home mom, instead of watching her two children, was spending 8 to 10 hours PER DAY talking to this guy both online and on the telephone. Ouch!!
They're no longer married and, obviously, she got the kids. Her new boyfriend lives halfway across the country and has been divorced 3 (or 4?) times, is a deadbeat dad who doesn't pay child support, etc (we dug up info on the guy). My friend, OTOH, is an excellent father and there is no question that he should have full custody - and the kids don't want to live with their mom anymore because she doesn't spend any time with them - but the law doesn't work the way you would expect. She was the primary caregiver so she gets the kids. It's sad.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Eric Scott

Second Unit
quote: I'll send it to Eric, I have a tattoo too too if you're interested.[/quote]Steve, Can I see the tattoo when you have the dress on?
Kevin's from Kansas (farm) country. Those dudes all have a prod rack on the back window of their pickups! They've got hot prods, cold prods, short prods, long prods, slim prods, fat prods, extended prods, curved prods, reverse prods, angle prods, twisted prods and bent prods! They've gotta prod for anything that needs prodding!
[Edited last by Eric Scott on September 20, 2001 at 08:00 PM]

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Eric, stop prodding about, no you can't, you naughty boy [slap], shit I must get back into macho mode, my feminine side is taking over, ok I'm thinking of ....football England beating Germany 5-1 aaaah and ....Sandra walking around in tiny white panties mmmm....ok [gruff voice] whats all this crap about dresses eh? Stop it its getting silly, hang on my bra needs adjusting... evil hand let go of bra, bad boy.... :)
POSTED BY STEVE'S INNER TORMENT.
[Edited last by Steve Christou on September 20, 2001 at 08:12 PM]

Greg Rakaska

Stunt Coordinator
My sister-in-law dated several on-line acquaintances after her divorce (no, this had nothing to do with her divorce, her hubby was a certifiable loser!).
She finally met the love of her life on-line and married him. So far, so good!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
What I don't understand is why people lie about themselves when they set up dates online. Everyone of the women I went out with wound up being trolls or giants. They were usually horribly abused women and I just don't have the energy for that.
I have a friend whose sister is HOT and goes out with guys off the Internet (she has flown as far as SF for a date...she lives in IOWA).
My friend won't fix me up with her because she's afraid she'll break my heart and we wouldn't be friends anymore.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Eric Scott

Second Unit
Why
...I'm speechless Ron! ...Hearing from you now, after so many years. I apologize. I wouldn’t have stood you up if I knew you were a HT enthusiast. If it makes you feel better, I will send you your unused ticket to the New York Premier of ‘Swing Blade as a momento."
crazy.gif

The comments on here so far have been from a male perspective, so perhaps it is time for a female one.
I've met several guys I've chatted to online - some through a mailing list that was music related - those people have become good friends (as have quite a few women I met through the same group and who provided couches for travel in the US).
And then there are the men I have met as a result of icq - and here things are very different. hese were people who messaged me and I replied and intelligent, entertaining discussion followed.
I am just under 5'8" tall and I have met several men who claimed to be anything from 5'8" to 6' and who turned out to be shorter - either I've grown amazingly in height or they have strangely masculine tape measures!!! And it wasn't the height that worried me, it was the fact that they'd lied about something so obvious.
And then there is the younger man who claims he likes older women (I am 52) - those seem to be the men who think they are doing you a favour by being seen out with them and will therefore immediately hop into their bed.
And there are the separated men who turn out to be anything but separated but whose wife doesn't understand them, whose wife has no passion etc etc.
And in case you're wondering - I gave up a couple of years ago on meeting people I'd "met" on icq. LOL
Sounds like such meetings from both the male and female perspective would make for a great comedy script.
Christine

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
quote: They've gotta prod for anything that needs prodding! [/quote]
Yep, and I have the biggest, baddest most important prod of them all.
Steve, actually I liked the picture, I just thought you had on too much mascara for my own personal taste and that dress made your ass look fat.
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"
[Edited last by Kevin Potts on September 21, 2001 at 09:11 PM]

Eric Scott

Second Unit
time for a female one.
It would seem that men and women have about an equal amount of luck with Internet dating.
As for telling the truth online, I am probably the most honest man you will ever meet here. Okay, that’s a lie, Steve Christou is the most honest man on this forum. I am almost separated. Okay, that’s a lie, I am the most happily married man on this forum. I enjoy being married so much, I wish I had 2 wives! (Just kidding…) Steve Christou is single, mostly single…not married, that could be the truth!) He wants 2 wives! (I’m not kidding…) Kevin has been married 14 times, maybe more? He's divorced now, but is planning to be married by tomorrow night in an Internet ceremony to woman he’s never met.
I have been suspected of exaggerating and finessing the truth. That is a hairy faced lie! When I lie I exaggerate and finesse the truth.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I just got back from a date with a girl I met online. Very cute, blond hair, great blue eyes. We both had a wonderful time. We are going to try and go out again saturday.
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Link Removed

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Kevin, I'll send you a nice pic of me wearing a revealing mini-toga. Warning! make sure you're at least 4 feet away from the monitor when you look at it, its in 3D so you'll need 3D glasses.
wink.gif

Eric, yep I'm nearly mostly approximately single, marriage scares the crap out of me, anyway Sandra wears the trousers in the house, I wear the skirts...... :)
POSTED WITH ASSISTANCE BY DR.OTTO LICHTER (Arkham Asylum).
[Edited last by Steve Christou on September 22, 2001 at 10:44 AM]

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I knew this question was coming. Well, after reading the horror stories(especially Eric's) I decided to send an email and postpone it. I couldn't find the time to travel that far(ok I'm just making excuses) and decided to go to the bar instead. Alcohol doesn't have a conscience.
biggrin.gif

------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I have, a bunch of times.
one worked out great, dated for 3 years.
the rest, disasters. I'm not going to do it anymore. I don't think there are any "normal" (yeah it's relative.. :) ) women out there that I'm gonna bump into on the net... so back to the old fashioned way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks