What's new

Anyone ever meet someone for a date after chatting online? (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I'm not talking about the regular HTF meets and stuff like that but to chat with someone of the opposite sex and agree to meet for a drink or whatever. I have one lined up for Thursday night in a town north of the city, needless to say THIS will be interesting.
yum.gif

patriot.gif

------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I met someone online 3 weeks ago and we have been talking every night for hours since then. We have pictures of each other and we've talked about everything. We are finally going to go out on Friday. Wish me luck :)
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Link Removed

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah.. one should always exchange pictures and politely check the timeframe when they were taken.. many a chatter doesn't move forward from pics of when they were 20
laugh.gif

Be on time.. I didn't once .. pissed her off big time obviously
laugh.gif
but then I have better friendships with those I know I wouldn't have to meet face to face.
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm not talking about the regular HTF meets and stuff like that but to chat with someone of the opposite sex and agree to meet for a drink or whatever. I have one lined up for Thursday night in a town north of the city, needless to say THIS will be interesting.
Good luck :) Yeah, I've dated women I met online - ended up marrying one of them too, so be careful
wink.gif

------------------
Nothing In Particular

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
We have pictures of each other and we've talked about everything.
At least you think you have pictures of each other. For all you really know, she sent you a picture of her best friend, or some random person she found on the net. She could be a really intelligent ape in a zoo somewhere, sneaking out of her cage when nobody is looking to chat with you.
biggrin.gif

That said, before I was married, I dated a few people I met online. Not on the Internet, mind you; the net was still very tiny back then and nobody in my area (>100k population) had access to it. I ran a bulletin board system with 7 incoming phone lines. Including my 3 local terminals I could have 10 users online. We often dropped one of the 7 lines and connected it to other large BBSs across town, then they'd connect to another, etc, creating a chain of linked systems. This enabled everyone on all systems to chat. It was still usually less than 20 people that could be online at any given time (there were hundreds of actual users, just not enough lines for them all), but 99% of them were in our immediate area. (Few people called BBSs if they had to pay long distance fees) Anyway, I dated a girl I met there, then another one, then the first girl's friend, all for some amount of time. Had a blind date with another who turned out to be an absolutely beautiful asian girl. Would have liked to have kept that one, but her religion was strict and I wasn't interested in joining so that was the end of that.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
To me the 'net is just about like anywhere else that you can meet people. If looks are important to you, be sure to get a recent photo. All too many people use photos from the past when they look better and just hope that you won't mind when you actually meet them.
I've met three women on the net in the past 3 years, including my current girlfriend. So who knows what your luck will be. Just be yourself.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I haven't done that in years. My experiences were always pretty bad. The only time it worked out was when I joined a softball team through a BBS and met a girl that way. We wound up dating pretty heavily for 5 months.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I've been chatting with someone online for a few weeks now. I am going to try to ask her out this weekend. Wish me luck.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Wow you folks have big salty _____s.
I never have the nerve for this. When I first got online about 30 months ago I'd spend my time in chatrooms but I never got up the nerve to ask anybody.
Brent L

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Yeah.. one should always exchange pictures and politely check the timeframe when they were taken.
Haha! Not only that, you must learn their language. For example:
"I don't have a scanner yet." really means "I'm not yet done fixing up my picture with Photoshop."
"That photo was taken not long ago." really means "I've gained a lot of weight since that photo was taken."
"Looks aren't important to me." really means "I hope looks aren't important to you."
You get the idea... :)
In the last two years, I've gone on about a dozen dates with girls I had met online. Only two of those dates actually developed into relationships that lasted a few months. In other words: expect to be disappointed the first few times, but don't give up. :)
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum9/HTML/005780-2.html
MY TOP 10 OF 2001

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
I've met a few girls, like the above statement---be ready for dissapointment but keep trying. About 10% I'd say are normal girls that you can click with.
But some of them.....UGHGHGHHHH!!!!!
Watch out.
------------------
If I could go back in time, I'd meet Snoopy

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Interesting. The common theme- Don't give up. I'll take that advice. I'm meeting her at a lounge and she knows that I'll be wearing a red jacket. Perhaps I'll take it off so I can "check out the goods" first. Its a 1 1/2 hour drive to the town, the last time I went out of town for a date my car broke down and I ended up hitching a ride to keep the date. Desperate? ....nah
cool.gif

------------------

Eric Scott

Second Unit
About 4 or 5 years ago I was chatting with very sweet and sassy girl on a MSN game site. We showed up at he same tables and played card games. Soon the chatting turned to a sexual nature, and she sent me a private message that she wanted to meet me.
Wearily, I met her at a restaurant that had a separate bar. I knew the Maitre d’ and I asked him to seat her when she came in and then let me know she was there. A little later when he came into the bar looking astounded and his jaw dropped open, I knew something was weird!
So I stuck my head out of the bar and peered over at "her" table. Yikes! Heavy wood putty makeup, red wig, about six four, 290lbs. in a yellow dress, with a USMC tattoo on "her" forearm!
I almost died...holy camoly brother! It was a frightening sight! I ran...and I never went back on MSN again.

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
Did it work out Eric?
Are you guys still together :)
[Edited last by Jeff Rogers on September 19, 2001 at 08:29 PM]

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
So...I take it Eric doesn't like redheads? Just tell her next time to wear a blonde wig...and shave.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
OK guys NOW your really scaring me...
------------------

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
I met Steve "evil hands that are as soft as a babies butt" Christou online, but for some reason he doesn't want to go out with me.
wink.gif

------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks