What's new

Anyone ever heard of MaxTheater? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
I got a pop up for this thing called MaxTheater.Apparently it's one of those "as seen on tv" products that can make any size tv's picture up to 175".I did a search on the forum but couldn't find anything on the subject.I definately wouldn't consider this as an alternative to buying a projection tv but just curious if anyone saw the infomercial or knows somebody who has tried this out.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
MaxTheater.com will give you some info on it. I've not heard of this before, just did a google search and came upon it.

Peace Out~:D

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I recently read another thread about this. Not a good idea from what everyone said. What happens is this:
You attach their 'lens' to your TV, by way of a box that 'fits' on the front of the TV. The box is to black out light and provide the needed distance for the magnification. Then the image from your TV is magified and shown onto a wall facing the TV. I heard reports that it also flips the image upside down so your TV must sit upside down to have the image correct. (much like taking a magnifying glass at arms length, you'll see the image inverse.) People also talked of ways to make the same thing yourself from home depot parts.

Again, I'm not quoting directly. However, the feeling was decided negative about this product.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It's a load of crap, it's just a lens to put on your TV, which is not designed or adequate for projecting a large image. If you want a projected image buy a projector.

Todd^B

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a bunch of these on eBay. I was curious and it was only $7. It is just two thin film magnifiers that you put on each end of a box. You use it like a telescope, basically. I had to try to build the thing myself, so I just threw it in the closet.

I figured it was a waste of time and how good could the quality really be. Plus I don't want this thing sitting in my living room.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks