What's new

Anyone else think 6 Feet Under is better this season? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
The first season was fresh and quirky while the second seemed to linger on the characters being weird for weird sake and had little development.
This season has returned to first season form, IMHO.
The addition of Arthur the intern mortician is brilliant!
He is one of my favorite characters! Quirky, sheltered, naive, and funny all in one.

This season has really been a great surprise and I am hoping Nate gets a better haircut soon!

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I totally agree with you here. I have really enjoyed the 3rd season. It consistantly amusing and enjoyable to watch.

Posts I made about the 2nd season were always about how bad i thought the season was. Too much like a soap opera.

Thumbs up for this season!!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Paul

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I upgraded my cable service to get HDTV right before the start of this season, and began watching without having watched any of the other seasons. Well, now as I watch Sesaon 3, I'm working my way through the other episodes, and I've gotta say that I like them all. I feel this season is a little more subdued for the most part, but I still really enjoy it.

And I completely agree with you guys about Arther the intern.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I think some people may not enjoy this season because they fall into the "next season has to be better than previous seasons". I've never thought that myself, and I'm enjoying the 3rd very much. I don't know if it's the best or worst, but I'm enjoying it just the same.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I kind of feel that this season is a bit tepid/boring.

I'm not into gore, but the opening deaths in the first 2 seasons were bizare/odd things that at least were interesting. This season we have had a sick man simply die while watching an old movie, a young woman run out in front of a car, etc. Not dramatic/interesting at all.

This season most of the drama is uncomfortable tension between the characters. About as interesting as a rash. And the characters we used to like (Keith) are kind of jerks. (When we stop liking/caring about the lead characters - the show is doomed.)

Where are the evil characters? Brenda's brother, the rival mortuary chain, Clair's dangerous boyfriend? At least give us a good bad-guy!

The guests are the most interesting part. I love Kathy Bates, and the emotionally-dependent hollywood woman. I've got mixed feelings about Arther. He's almost a stereotype about what we think someone who works in a funeral home should be like.

But this season, the writers seem lost, un-focused, without the touch of bizzare that gave the first seasons some edge. Discussing domestic problems and whining about lack of beer on a camping trip - not my kind of drama.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Where are the evil characters? Brenda's brother, the rival mortuary chain, Clair's dangerous boyfriend? At least give us a good bad-guy!

The guests are the most interesting part. I love Kathy Bates, and the emotionally-dependent hollywood woman. I've got mixed feelings about Arther. He's almost a stereotype about what we think someone who works in a funeral home should be like.
I agree. I thought that Kathy Bates really brought something fresh to the show. This season is kind of putting me to sleep though overall.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I too am on the negative side about this season.

Claire's relationship with art boy is fine, she had too much drama in her life.

Kathy Bates of course

Some (SOME) of the things that Ruth is doing are interesting. Her character is coming alive in some weird ass ways.

Rico / Vanessa is a good story and will get more time soo, I think, even if it is a bit stereotypical regarding the emotional reach of Latino men.

Dislikes
What freaky behavior can we attribute to Ruth's character this week? Frances is such a great actress, she's above this material this season.

Brenda back why? (and Cremated Bernie? WTH was that? He's Jewish)

Lisa, Lisa Lisa. "I'll go along with anything even if I don't want to, then I'll bitch about it later." Get a spine. She's also a very good actress.

I suppose for people that have not been exposed to everyday gay culture, this season is probably pretty interesting. But for me, it's like "OK, they're gay, they play gay party games, can we have some character development?"

Oh, and Keith's not permanently gay. :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
One thing that bugged me a little about the Ruth/Bettina storyline. After helping to get her sister off of drugs, I guess I thought she'd finally be closer with her sister now. Instead, her sister coulda died from the drugs for all we know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks