Anyone else having sound issues with Sony dvds?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jim*Tod, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Jim*Tod

Jim*Tod Second Unit

Jim
    Recently two sd dvds from Sony, THE BLACK BOOK and ROMANCE AND CIGARETTES, have had an odd drop in volume on their Dolby Digital tracks. At first I thought it was part of the sound design, but it occurred throughout both of the films at inappropriate moments. No other dvds I have played have this problem. Both my surround sound system and my dvd player are Sony. Has anyone else noticed this? Both films were rented from Netflix.

2. Vegas 1

Vegas 1 Supporting Actor

Alvin Kuenster
    I watched The Black Book a while back from Netflix also but didn't notice any audio problems. Had to send back The Jane Austen Book Club though it would not load at all on two different dvd players and my computer even though it looked brand new.

3. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I just watched Romance & Cigarettes and didn't notice any problem, other than the remarkably disappointing directoral premiere of John Turturro.

4. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    [Conspiracy Theorist]It's the Blu-Ray virus, a mysterious phenomenon that is designed to encourage people to switch to Blu-Ray, where sound levels are more consistent.[/Conspiracy Theorist]

[​IMG]

5. Vincent-P

Vincent-P Second Unit

"Romance & Cigarettes" is not John Turturro's directorial debut. He previously directed "Mac" & "Illuminatia."

6. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    OK, it's the first one I've seen. I didn't bother to look up if he had others. It sure felt like a Freshman effort.

And, it's not a directorial debut, it's a directoral debut. [​IMG]