What's new

Anyone else having sound issues with Sony dvds? (1 Viewer)

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Recently two sd dvds from Sony, THE BLACK BOOK and ROMANCE AND CIGARETTES, have had an odd drop in volume on their Dolby Digital tracks. At first I thought it was part of the sound design, but it occurred throughout both of the films at inappropriate moments. No other dvds I have played have this problem. Both my surround sound system and my dvd player are Sony. Has anyone else noticed this? Both films were rented from Netflix.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I watched The Black Book a while back from Netflix also but didn't notice any audio problems. Had to send back The Jane Austen Book Club though it would not load at all on two different dvd players and my computer even though it looked brand new.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just watched Romance & Cigarettes and didn't notice any problem, other than the remarkably disappointing directoral premiere of John Turturro.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
[Conspiracy Theorist]It's the Blu-Ray virus, a mysterious phenomenon that is designed to encourage people to switch to Blu-Ray, where sound levels are more consistent.[/Conspiracy Theorist]

:D

Vincent-P

Second Unit
"Romance & Cigarettes" is not John Turturro's directorial debut. He previously directed "Mac" & "Illuminatia."

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, it's the first one I've seen. I didn't bother to look up if he had others. It sure felt like a Freshman effort.

And, it's not a directorial debut, it's a directoral debut. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks