What's new

Anyone do any MAJOR outdoor Christmas decorating? (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I am just curious. Are there any sites out there that show people's Christmas displays? If you have pictures, all the better.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I wouldn't say "major", I am just thorough. I outline the roof, and the lines of the house, and each light must be perfectly straight, all standing the same direction. I use shingle clips and a staple gun to make everything look just right.
My wife kids me a lot that Kansas City International Airport calls and asks me to turn off my lights, because I am confusing the pilots!
------------------
Randy Tennison
Kansas City, MO
Home theater photos located at
http://home.kc.rr.com/thetennisons/

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I wrote my name in the snow once if that counts.
biggrin.gif

Historically, I don't decorate my house because I'm rarely home during the winter, most of my time having been spent at work or at my last girlfriend's place, but I help my folks decorate their house every year. If I don't find a job (or woman) soon, I may very well be decorating my house this year.
wink.gif

------------------
My DVD Collection Casa del Clint

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
You can't do much outdoor decorating in an apartment building, but my wife and I do support the Fund for Park Avenue, which sponsors a 30+ block display of white lights down the center of Park every December. It's one of New York City's best Christmas displays.
M.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
I have been as high as 3500 lights at one time. Last year was around 1000. But this year I have a bigger yard and house and plan on breaking my own record. Something about the scene in Christmas Vacation when Clark finally gets the lights to work that always chokes me up. :D
------------------
Tom Keels
Why is the rabbit smoking a pipe?
Because he's smarter than the panther.
--Anthony Hopkins, The Edge
My DVD Collection
www.bigbendfishing.net

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Not yet! It's only the beginning of November!
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I just do some lights. I am no Clark Griswald by any stretch of the imagination. My Dad came over for Independance Day and noted how I was already ready for Christmas. ( I left my lights up from last year.)
biggrin.gif

Kevin C. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks