What's new

Anyone dislike ABC's presentation of the NBA finals? (1 Viewer)

Michael Silla

Second Unit
I'm watching this in HD. There has been issues over picture quality, primarily dealing with focus issues with certain cameras (visit AVS's HDTV forum if you want to read up on that).

Something in me though wishes that this was still on NBC. The NBA feels pretty bland on ABC. Their announcers sound stiff and if it weren't for Bill Walton, thier whole presentation would be without hope. Why couldn't they spare Chris Berman for Hoops as well as Hockey?

IMHO the NBA has lost it's "Primetime" appeal not becuase i am watching different guys but rather because the presentation well, sucks.

Put it this way - things are soo bad that I actually WANT John Tesh to call ABC up and offer to make a theme song. :)

Michael.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I miss the "NBA on NBC" theme music. Doesn't feel like the NBA without it.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
i certainly agree on the commentation, Bill Walton is the only saving grace. whether you agree with what he says or not, his love for basketball is apparent. granted, tho, i grew up in Portland so i could be biased.:)
the whole presentation on ABC just seems flat to me, camera direction, commentary, etc. NBC just seemed to do a better job overall.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Ahhhhh the mind harkens to the Bill Walton's days when Portland Trailblazer players weren't up for possible indictment.....;) ;) ;)

Michael.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
What, ABC is showing the finals? Last I checked, it was on ESPN.

Although the majority of households have cable or satellite these days, I still think it's a bone-headded move to take something like this (a sure money maker on broadcast) and put it on cable.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I also disliked the broadcast. They had problems with focus thru out the whole program. Simply rediculeous for a major broadcaster handling of a premier event.

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
I can't stand listening to the announcers because of Bill Walton. I always listen to music instead, he just is so annoying, and his coments are just stupid. I would much rather listen to any one else than to what he has to say.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Definetelly agree with you guys on this.
The games look boring and it does not feel like the finals for sure.

As far as the out of focus issue in HD. A few games back it used to happen only when they came out of a replay clip back into live action ... now it is just all over the place.

How can they pitch HD to people with this kind of crappy quality?

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
ABC is particularily annoying due to their "BOOB CAM" style of shooting. After a major basket, the camera will zoom in on some buxom blonde in the stands and we get a close up view of breasts. While I should enjoy this, I find it annoying as hell. Keep the camera on the court, and fire the horny cameramen!!

Ricky Cash

Agent
I used to just despise Bill Walton. But over the years I have grown to enjoy his style. What I can't understand is where is Brent Musberger. He is by far the superior voice to Jim Nance or whoever they have doing play by play. Brent is the master of hype, which this series is in dire need of. After watching the NBA on TNT all season it's hard to watch the finals become just another bad ABC reality show.

Oh yea, who the hell is Tom Tolbert and how did he get on TV.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I like the fact that i can watch the whole game, NBC didn't get the game started until 9:25 on the east coast, now its starting nearly an hour earlier, which is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks