What's new

anyone dealt with 6th ave. electronics? (1 Viewer)

Gary_

Auditioning
looking at a h/k 635 from these guys, they have the best price, does anyone have anything to say about them. Good or bad? Thanks

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Reseller Ratings.com is your friend.

You can buy refurbished ones on Ebay for less or you can spent a little more and buy it from Jandr as well as Onecall and know you are getting it from a reputable source.

Circuit City has it for $699 as well.

Chris Scatman

Auditioning
I've bought a few things from them. No complaints. I find them to be more knowledgable than CC and BB. I like the rooms that they have set up for listening. Pretty cool.

I've had a few purchasing experiences with 6th ave, but only in their online store, not brick and mortar. Both of the purchases invovled digital camcorders, one as a gift, the other to get some footage of my 5 month old.

The first package arrived with the outside box looking like no damage had been done, but the actual box of the product was smashed pretty badly. Fortunately, no harm was done to the camcorder, as far as I could tell.

The next purchase I actually didn't receive anything because I placed an order, called the next day to check if it was still in stock (which they confirmed), and then never received the package. I had to call them to find out that they actually didn't have it in stock because they maxed out their stock with online orders, but they didn't take the items off the shelves of their local stores. So, my camera was sold to someone over the weekend even though I placed the order on Thursday.

Every time I called 6ave.com for a question or even to place an order, I was dealing with someone who was short, curt, and generally not pleasurable to speak with. When I asked if they could acquire it somewhere because otherwise I would miss out on the opportunity to get a $100 rebate, they said that they simply don't do that. They told me that they were cancelling my order and that was that. The guy told me that someone should have called to let me know that they didn't have it in stock (really??).

So, I ordered a camcorder from onecall and I had the smoothest, best experience I've had from an online vendor. They also had the best price at the time. I would highly recommend them because they actually care that you're happy with your purchase.

I will never be purchasing from 6ave.com again despite the fact that they may have low prices most of the time because I don't feel like risking a $600 purchase on service that might be decent if I get lucky.

I hope this helps, and I'm sorry if I've been long-winded.

David F

Auditioning
I bought a camcorder from them. I was worried, mainly because of the low price, but was pleased when the unit arrived. Mint condition, and quick shipping.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
6th Ave is a commissioned sales place (or at least they seem to be one). I work PT at BBY so I guess I might be a little biased, but last time I Was in there (about 2 years ago) I was given the "why aint ya buyin' anything today..." treatment by every employee I passed, even the ones outside smoking while I was going to the car. I literally had to run out of the place.

I have heard that sometimes their stuff is B-stock, but its never happened to me, so take that with a grain of salt.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Got my mits PJ and a Pioneer elite amp and DVD player there. Best prices around if you can haggle...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks