What's new

Anybody using a Ceton InfiniTV and HD Homerun Prime together? (1 Viewer)

kyemg

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
I have been running the Ceton internal card for several months now. It has worked well. Only time I had and issue was when the cable card went bad. I've been thinking about adding the 3 tuner Prime for a total of seven tuners (using Tuner Salad). I really don't plan on sharing the tuners, just having seven available on my HTPC and using Xbox 360's as extenders. Wondering what your thoughts and/or experiences are with this. TIA. Steve

kyemg

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
It appears to be working. I got the HDHRP in today and stopped by the cable company to get a card. I ran into a bit of a snag as I thought I got a bad cable card. It took quite a while for it to display the Host and data ID (several hours). Once it came up I was able to call in and get it paired. I'm now showing seven tuners in media center. Also I believe this is without Tuner Salad. I think the new Ceton driver is enabling WMC to see all tuners. I'm not totally positive about this because I ran Tuner Salad earlier when setup wasn't seeing all tuners but then I reset it back to four. I then ran the Ceton driver again and it is detecting all seven. Looks like this is gonna be sweet.

kyemg

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Gotcha. Watching TV and It's intermittently flashing on the screen. It's light the brightness is increasing. More troubleshooting. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks