What's new

Anybody running an Anthem AVM20 with a Rotel RMB-1075 amp? (1 Viewer)

Leo_P

Second Unit
If so, are you using the 12v trigger?
I can't for the life of me get it to work. The amp seems easy enough to set up, you just set the switch on the back to on. Then I go to the Anthem's set-up menu and enable "All Triggers", then put an asterisk where it says "Power ON" and "Main" for trigger 1. Am I doing something wrong?
It's a pain to turn the amp on & off by hand, especially when I can control everything else (except my Xbox;)) from the couch. Help me out.
BTW, before some smartass (like myself:b) chimes in, I AM using a cable between the 2 components.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Leo,

Do you have the 1075's front panel switch on? If not, the trigger system will not work. When you initially set up the amp, you will turn on the trigger switch on the back and the power switch to the amp. When you turn off the AVM-20, the amp will go into standby mode and will be triggered from that point forward from the AVM-20.

Michael

Leo_P

Second Unit
Thanks Michael.:emoji_thumbsup:
To be honest, I think I did it the way you described, but when I get the chance I'll try it again.
If that doesn't solve the problem, what should I do?

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Leo,

If that doesn't solve the problem, what should I do?
I would take a baseball bat and turn towards the AVM-20 and RMB-1075 and I would...oh never mind! ;)

Seriously, I would double-check that you have connected the trigger cable to the trigger 1 input and not the trigger 3 input. I would also look closely at the cable to make sure that it is not cut or crimped.

Now, if you are using trigger 1 and everything appears to be correct including the setup menus, you might want to use trigger 3 instead and turn it on in the menus. Trigger 3 has a higher current output that may be necessary for your amp.

If none of these suggestions work, then you will need to isolate the problem to either the AVM-20 or the RMB-1075.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks