What's new

Anybody in the Detroit area with leftover sonotube or know where to get one? (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
After asking some questions, I've been convinced to begin a new search for a sonotube...the one I had lined up won't be large enough for my Tempest. I'm looking for a modest sonotube, just enough to be appropriate for the Tempest...nothing HUGE. So I guess I'm looking for something around a 20" diameter, possibly 3.5 feet to 4 feet in height?
If anybody in the Detroit or surrounding area (I'm in Ann Arbor) has some leftover, or knows where I can go to get some for a cheap price, please let me know.
The student workshop opens next week, so hopefully I can get started soon.....I'd like to have it done so I can watch Star Wars Ep. II, Lord of the Rings and whatnot with my new Paradigm Monitor 9's. ;) Thanks in advance...

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Home depot or building supply stores. Act fast though, as the building season is slowing down. How's the monitor 9's sounding?

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
They be sounding wonderful. ;) Although, a little more bass wouldn't hurt....^_^
They're also still set up in the living room, I have to figure out the configuration in my bedroom before I move everything, as I don't want to move all that stuff more than once. (I didn't shell out 1.5K for equipment that's not even used more than an hour a day...it's gonna be hooked up to my computer, through my optical output so I can do everything in blissful 4.1 surround sound)
As for the sonotube, I'll go ask around the stores, but I had the idea of bugging a construction worker if I can find one, since there's a ton of construction going on around the Univ's campus.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
On the same note here, I was wondering if anyone in the Tampa Bay area knew of any local suppliers of Sonotube. The folks at Home Depot didn't know what I was talking about.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Bryan,

There's quite a few people from the Tampa area over on HTT. You could ask over there in the DIY forum.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks