What's new

Anybody in Canada get the "Sunrise" disc recently? (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Been waiting a while, usually Fox is fast at this stuff. I mean, it's pretty black and white (:)) if you qualify, so unless there's a shortage of them... I guess I'm just a bit impatient, you know, a famous movie I've never seen and all...

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
How long have you been waiting?

I sent mine in on March 8, they cashed my cheque on April 2, and I'm still waiting for it:angry:

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
They cashed my cheque too and I've been waiting for mine to show up in Ontario as well. I was beginning to wonder if the mailman was a silent movie fan...;)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks guys, at least I'm not the only one waiting. I sure haven't been waiting even close to as long as Darko, only a few weeks. Other times I've sent in to this fulfiller I've got stuff back in less than a week.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
They just cashed my cheque last week, so I guess based on the above I can stop holding my breath.

Because we're in Canada, there is probably a delay while they print bilingual packaging.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
No bilingual packaging for Sunrise.
Yeah, none of the others in the series so far do, and since it isn't sold in stores anyway...not that I mind if it does. I guess I should have asked if anyone in the U.S. too got Sunrise recently...maybe the demand has been more than expected? Like Russell, I'll stop anticipating the mail every day...

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
Craig, there was another thread here a while ago, and if I recall, some of the US residents were getting their copies in as little as 5 weeks. Me, on the other hand, have been waiting almost 10 weeks, and am getting antsy. After all, it cost me enough:D :D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Nope. I can't wait for this one either! Is there any contact information for Fox Canada where we can find out if they have gone out? I doubt it's possible for individual receipts, but maybe thay can tell us if it's been delayed.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Mine just arrived today.

My cheque was cashed some time around April 4.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
For those who haven't received their Sunrise DVD within 8 weeks of sending off the materials, you can check the status with Fox Customer Service:

USA: 1-800-488-4369

Canada: 1-866-339-1695

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Brian.
I just called the number, and was told that my order is there, but hasn't shipped yet, as they just received more discs. Hopefully soon.
Rain, good thing you live on the other side of the country, otherwise I might have to come over and watch yours:)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Good to hear they got more discs. Seems I only mailed the stuff 5 weeks ago...I thought it was longer ago than that, I must be near the bottom of the list!

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
Here's the latest news;

I called Fox Canada, and they told me they're waiting for more stock from Fox USA. They told me that demand has been overwhelming, and that they've told Fox that they need way more units, but have no idea as to when they're going to get them. Alas, I'm still one of the ones waiting:frowning: . It's only been 4 months, and counting:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Hmmm, I guess some posts here got lost with the database problem...

I forget exactly what I posted, but there were two main things. They take 20 days to clear your check, and they only mail out the discs once a month. I was hoping, since I barely missed the June mailing (by the time the check cleared...do people really send bad checks for $2.50?), that I'd be all ready for the July mailing, but if they're out of discs now... Like, if they only mail discs once a month, I called after the June mailing, so they should have known then they had no discs left. Oh well.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I just talked with customer service and they told me that they are still have 4 orders to ship from the end of March, so if you just sent in your going to have a wait on your hands. They have no idea when or how much stock will come, as the Americans are getting dibs.

Mine still hasn't shipped, but at least mine has been verified for the next shipment:D

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
Sunrise is a coveted 1927 silent film by F.W. Murnau, which routinely appears on lists of the greatest films of all time. Fox has chosen to make this available only through a special mail-in offer (you must first buy three titles in their Studio Classics line; the mail-in form is included with those titles) open to those in North America (excluding Quebec).

You can find further info in threads here and here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks