What's new

Anybody heard of Genesis Media Labs 6.1 Home Theater System? (1 Viewer)

Catssdawg

Auditioning
Real Name
Carol
Anybody out there had any experiences w/ Gensis Media Labs G-6.1 Home Theater speakers? My husband was given a set ( I'm pretty sure they are " White Van Specials" didn't come w/ anything in the box except warranty card,web site has no phone # & e-mails are returned "User's Box Full" ) so I have nothing invested in them personally but don't want to go out & get an AV reciever to fit the specs ( what little I can find - Supposedly 5x150 watts for the surrounds & center & 250 watts for the sub) & am more suspious when supposedly"$1990.00 speakers come w/ 22 guage wire for hook-up & when you go to hook up the system you have to bi-splice the surround speakers into the sub & piggyback to the reciever to get power to the sub. So LMKP if you've had any experiences or now of where I might find some more info on these speakers before I sink any bucks into a reciever only to have everything blow up the 1st time I turn it on. Oh and if you have had a positive experience w/this product PLEASE let me know what type of reciever you hooked it into. Thanks & Happy Home theatering to All.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sounds like White Van to me.
And, what do you mean "bi-splice the surrounds to get power to the sub"? If you are saying what I think you are saying, don't do that. If it is a passive sub it either is connected to the L/R speaker outputs on the receiver and then has outputs to go on to the L/R speakers, or needs its own amp. Surrounds should never figure into the equation.
Aside form that, you don't really need a receiver to "match the specs" of the speakers. There is a chance they are so odd they have extremely low impedance, but then they are more trouble than they are worth.
And you are right, there is no way they are 2K speakers.

Catssdawg

Auditioning
Real Name
Carol
Thanks that what I thought - sounds like they would make better firewood than taking the trouble to hook them..LOL!

kevb1959

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Barrett
Actually I did buy a set of these speakers from a "blue minivan". I saw the price in the catalog $1899.00 and I thought there's no way I can even come close to buying them.The guy wanted $500.00 and no way was that going to happen. I gave the guy $150.00 and he gave me the speakers. After thinking about it I felt they might be stolen so I took all the information I could find and reported it to the local police. I had to find out if they worked so I hooked them up to my old technics receiver. I have to tell you I think I got a good deal. I upgraded to 18 gauge wire and the sound is pretty damn good. But I'll have to see what happens over the next 90 days. Maybe it is a "white van scam", but in today's business world what ISN'T a scam? Last I checked Amway was doing pretty well... poor saps that get involved there. My attorney informed me if anyone comes looking for them to get in touch with her. But more to the point so far I'm pretty happy with them. What's confusing is that there's no serial numbers anywhere to be found on the speakers or subwoofer. Only a UPC code on the box with a MSRP of $1999.00. Even though they're not BOSE for my purposes they're not too bad. My receiver puts out 150 watts rms. per channel and even at half volume the sound even though very loud is crisp. Good luck.

micsa

Auditioning
Real Name
Mara
Does anybody could explain me how to conect a home theather Genesis lab G 6.1, I will really appreciate any help somebody wish to provide me. I have this new system and have no clue about how this should be conected. I was trying to get the manual from the Genesis web page but I can still not belive that there is nothing than can help me just a little bit. How it could be that almost any kind of divices comes with a manual just for simple celular phones and this system is not offering some help for users like me ??. Please HELP !!!

Mara

daveybones

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Yeah, my van was a ford explorer, and I will never forgive myself for getting sucked in to these scam artists. They are very convincing and have their methods down pat. You know, the old saying if it seems to good to be true it probably is. I also reported them to the local police department but I found at that they are legit in the eyes of the law because they have pedlar licenses. If you can prove that they completely misrepresented the true value of the product (a long stretch ) and physically locate these slime bags you might stand a chance of getting you money back. Bottom Line - this stuff is garbage and not worth a total of $50 at walmart. I would really like to know where they get this stuff from? Nicely boxed with very high MSRP's , somebody some where is packaging this stuff.

shiel17

Auditioning
Real Name
david
I hate these scammers. I wrote to the IRS, Attorney General, the Governor's office of California, and reported them to the Better Business Bureau. I started a petition that will be submitted to the governor's office, sign it Genesis Media Labs & Theatre Research SCAM to stop these bastards. The guy who is behind it all phone number is 714-894-5888 and his name is Danielle.
Steps to Take:
1. Sign the petition Genesis Media Labs & Theatre Research SCAM
2. write to the attorney general
3. write to the IRS
4. write to [email protected] they are the people who host the genesismedialabs.com website.
5. write to the better business bureau
Any questions email me at [email protected]

Nakamichi1979

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerry Faragalli
Catssdawg said:
Anybody out there had any experiences w/ Gensis Media Labs G-6.1 Home Theater speakers? My husband was given a set ( I'm pretty sure they are " White Van Specials" didn't come w/ anything in the box except warranty card,web site has no phone # & e-mails are returned "User's Box Full" ) so I have nothing invested in them personally but don't want to go out & get an AV reciever to fit the specs ( what little I can find - Supposedly 5x150 watts for the surrounds & center & 250 watts for the sub) & am more suspious when supposedly"$1990.00 speakers come w/ 22 guage wire for hook-up & when you go to hook up the system you have to bi-splice the surround speakers into the sub & piggyback to the reciever to get power to the sub. So LMKP if you've had any experiences or now of where I might find some more info on these speakers before I sink any bucks into a reciever only to have everything blow up the 1st time I turn it on. Oh and if you have had a positive experience w/this product PLEASE let me know what type of reciever you hooked it into. Thanks & Happy Home theatering to All.

TCarrera

Auditioning
Real Name
TC
I sure hope you didnt put too much money in to this
The question is not whether to buy or not a receiver
these speakers will not last and can ruin your receivers speakers output

Flyghnhigh

Auditioning
Real Name
Max Pain!
Catssdawg said:
Anybody out there had any experiences w/ Gensis Media Labs G-6.1 Home Theater speakers? My husband was given a set ( I'm pretty sure they are " White Van Specials" didn't come w/ anything in the box except warranty card,web site has no phone # & e-mails are returned "User's Box Full" ) so I have nothing invested in them personally but don't want to go out & get an AV reciever to fit the specs ( what little I can find - Supposedly 5x150 watts for the surrounds & center & 250 watts for the sub) & am more suspious when supposedly"$1990.00 speakers come w/ 22 guage wire for hook-up & when you go to hook up the system you have to bi-splice the surround speakers into the sub & piggyback to the reciever to get power to the sub. So LMKP if you've had any experiences or now of where I might find some more info on these speakers before I sink any bucks into a reciever only to have everything blow up the 1st time I turn it on. Oh and if you have had a positive experience w/this product PLEASE let me know what type of reciever you hooked it into. Thanks & Happy Home theatering to All.[/quote

Booant23

Auditioning
Real Name
Robbie
I sure hope you didnt put too much money in to this
The question is not whether to buy or not a receiver
these speakers will not last and can ruin your receivers speakers output
Some one is selling genesis g 610 speakers. Are these real? And what is the value on 4 of them?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Some one is selling genesis g 610 speakers. Are these real? And what is the value on 4 of them?

While they would probably work, they will not be worth anywhere close to the price you pay for them. Even $100 is probably too much considering you can get a decent set for just a little more. I would avoid them.

Search for White Van Speakers here and on Google to understand the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks