What's new

Anybody have any experience with BIC Subs? (1 Viewer)

BobSz

Auditioning
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and am in the market for a new sub, & am operating on a pretty strict budget. I was just surfing around & saw an ad for a BIC Venturi V-1215, at what sounded like a great price for a sub this big & powerful. It's a 12" sub with supposedly a BASH 375W RMS amp/750W Peak, which really surprised me, especially for the advertised price of only $259, including shipping! I'd just like to hear some expert, or at least more experienced opinions on these subs. Thanks for any feedback, & I look forward to learning more on the forum.

Zack_R

Stunt Coordinator
I have an 8 year old venturi sub with a 12 inch driver and two 3 inch flared ports. It uses a BIC America 200 watt external amp to power it.

$259 sounds like a good price if it is good sounding to you. My sub used to sale for between $500-$600 when I purchased it. I actually paid $300 for it as it was a floor model and the sales person thought it was the 10 inch driver version. I didn't bring a ruler with me, I liked the way it sounded so off I went. When the owners manual came I realized then it was the 12" variety as the 10 inchers had built in amps.

I think my BIC sub holds it's own with subs priced in the $300 - $350 range. If you are thinking about spending over $400 for a sub then there are better ones out there.

My sub is tuned to about 28 hz according to the manual but in my test it's output is good to about 30 hz. I also have a CS-Ultra and have done A/B comparisons to which there is really no comparing the two.

The problem with the BIC as is with alot of this type of sub is that you have to boost the bass a good bit to get the 33-40 hz range to match the 40-8hz range. When you do this, the sub becomes boomy and one note sounding. When level matched against the Ultra the Bic is down 2.5 db at 40 hz and down 4 db at 35 hz. You can bring this level up on the BIC by increasing the sub level in the receiver but this also effects the 40-80 hz range.

BobSz

Auditioning
Thanks for your reply. I know there are definitely better subs out there, & I'd ultimately love to get an SV, & maybe I oughtta just wait a little longer until I can afford one, but I just thought this BIC sounded pretty powerful for the money, & have actually found it for even less since my first post, for $209! Not sure what I'm gonna do yet, probably keep shopping until I think I've gotten the ultimate deal on one that I just can't refuse. The biggest problem for me is finding dealers that actually carry some of the higher end speakers and subs in my area so I can listen to some of 'em, other than the run of the mill things you see at all the regular electronics & department stores like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. Until then, I guess it's dream & surf on! LOL Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks