What's new

Anybody get the new Jayhawks album? (1 Viewer)

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if anyone picked up the new Jayhawks disc this past Tuesday?

I haven't read any reviews and I was wondering if anyone on the forum with a copy could post some of his/her thoughts.

Thanks.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Not yet Scott, but I probably will this weekend. Rolling Stone gives it a very favorable review, and a couple of fans have also posted positive reviews on the same site...one fan states it's their best yet!!!:) A great band.

JOn

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Is "Rainy Day Music" still coming out on SACD? It seems to have disappeared from Universal's "coming soon" page. :frowning:

KrisM

Second Unit
The only key member to bail out after 'Green Grass' was Mark Olson, which if I remember correctly was because he wanted to spend more time with his wife, who was/is ill.
While the Jayhawks are not the same band as they were with Olson, they are still strong with Gary Louris as the lead vocalist. The albums since Olson left are basically more rockin' and less country-influenced.
I'm curious about the SACD as well. I figured I would wait a couple of weeks and see if it arrives, and if not just buy the CD.
I hate to bring this up so often about SACD, but day and date releases of new music is important. If a disc is coming out on high-rez, then get it out. I have been waiting for this album for awhile and I will give the (possible) SACD a little more time, but if I buy the CD, the chances of me re-buying the SACD are slim. These open-ended release dates are not helping the format at all.

Regards
KrisM

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I hate to bring this up so often about SACD, but day and date releases of new music is important. If a disc is coming out on high-rez, then get it out. I have been waiting for this album for awhile and I will give the (possible) SACD a little more time, but if I buy the CD, the chances of me re-buying the SACD are slim. These open-ended release dates are not helping the format at all.
Interesting take on the situation Kris. I find that I am the exact opposite. If there is even a HINT of an album I want coming out on hi-rez...I will absolutely wait for the hi-rez edition through hell or high water. Take for instance Norah Jones. Been wanting to get this album for almost a year now, but haven't due to the impending SACD release.

I also have a credo that I will not re-buy a SACD release if I already have it on Redbook, but have broken that motto twice. Once with Diana Krall's "When I Look Into Your Eyes" and once with the Police "Classics".

Where I agree with you is that SACD information needs to be more prominent. I often have no idea when stuff is coming out, when it's been delayed, or what's in the pipeline. It's super annoying.

KrisM

Second Unit
Evan, I can wait for some releases to come out on SACD, but a band like the Jayhawks I'm having a hard time. It would just be nice if the labels would tell us what the date is going to be. If it is a month, I will wait. If it is six months, I'll just buy the CD version.
I think with a band like this, who probably don't sell a ton of records,never mind SACDs, it is not a priority with Universal.
By the way I was a huge Whalers fan back in the day of Mike Liut and Ulf Samuelson(sp):) .

Regards
KrisM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks