What's new

Anybody ever meet someone special on the internet? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Aside from the usually bar/club scene, which most will say they are tired of (including me), where else do you meet someone?
It was not until I graduated and moved out of the big crowded city that I realised I had spent most of my life in a vast pool of eligible women (OK, girls) and never had to go far looking for one.

Life after college sucks in this regard.

--
Holadem

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Sorry to hear that Mike, although this post has convinced me to give up on-line dating to. I actually went through three dates where the girls where different that what they said they where. Both physically and personality wise. One girl I went out with seemed like a sweet country girl and looked the part when I met her. Turned out she was a huge heavy metal fanatic and that is all she talked about. So good-bye cruel online dating.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
jesus christ, another person from grand forks. that makes three in this forum. Very cool.
and yes, meeting women in GFK sucks much ass. I'm 24, but still in school.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Yeah, man. I'm dying over here!
Id hook you up but I (and her) live in Youngstown, OH. The strange thing was I met her best friend a week later. We have been talking on the phone for a while, but she seems to be a little to emotionally dependent. We had plans that got broke, for the third or so time, I was a little upset. She started crying about how she did not want me to be mad at he. We have not even met yet.
I recently found out that now there are two Youngstown people here. :)

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Well, I said I'd update this thread if anything happened on the dating scene with me. I gave up the internet thing, since I haven't seen any profiles that interested me.
But, when it rains, it pours. I have 2 different dates lined up, and 2 more possible dates lined up as well. I've gone from zero to four prospects :D :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm usually not like this, but I said screw it... I'm single again, not attatched, so I should have fun... besides, one day when I'm old and married I'll be able to look back at this period in my life and smile :)
Mike D.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
OK...I just read all the posts, and I could not keep quiet. I have meet some really wonderful girls via on line. One was unbelievably gorgeous.

I was forced to go to the internet after my 5 year relationship came to an end a year ago. I was anxious to get something going again, and it seemed like an easy way.

I take a different approach - I exchange an e-mail or two, then see about meeting. I don't have time to send e-mails back and forth with someone I am not compatible with, or if I am not completely sure what they look like. (Since I also am only happy with the supermodel types.) So far it's been the best...if I exchange a lot of e-mails, conversations usually die out and one party looses interest.

One thing that needs to be said...if nothing else, it's all great practice....my on-line small talk and initial phone conversation's have given me so much practice, that now when I see someone on the street, I can go and strike a conversation.

By the way---I have a "meeting" planned over dinner this Friday with a girl I met on the internet. She works at Hooter's (Not sure if that's good or bad at this point.)...so we'll see how it goes.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I met my current SO in a Yahoo! chat room.

Did she resemble in real-life what she said online? Kinda. She said she was short, but 4'11" almost seems freakishly short.

Is she a psycho? We've only been going-out for a little over a month.She hasn't been tampering with my car and isn't begging me to move in (She just asked me to help her move into a new apartment, still in a seperate town). I'll keep you informed if she tries to impregnate herself with a used condom I threw in the trash.

Hidden agenda? Yes, my radio and my cable box have mysteriously been left on country music/CMT (respectivly) even though I can't stand country music (Ban Inbreeding!!).

Bonus! I have turned her into an OAR advocate. I hope this gets me a reserved seat at some sort of secret HTF meeting.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I'll keep you informed if she tries to impregnate herself with a used condom I threw in the trash.
LOL!! That's a great line... Seriously though, hope it does work out for you! How tall are you by the way? Just curious with her being 4'11".

Mike D.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Despite my previous remarks about not meeting people online. The last month of my personal service was running out after I canceled it. I was just browsing through and saw someones profile and she was online at the time. We talked over chat for a few days and met up tonight. We had coffee at borders, then after we where about to get kicked out decided to go see a late movie. I said she could choose whatever she wanted and she chose My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It went well. Just when Ian was walking past Fotoula window back and forth we both looked at each other smiled and started holding hands. I took her back to her car and we made dinner plans for tomorrow. I did learn two things though. 1. If you nervous to begin with DONT get a Mocha Freeze that has a bunch of caffeine and sugar in it. 2 relax more when the end of night kiss comes up. Im fairly sure she enjoyed it, but I was worrying to much and it was't as good on my end. So now im going to worry about that until I get another chance if at all. So good luck to everyone out there.

P.S. she is PRO HT.

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
I've been following this thread with interest. I've met a few people online, but never anyone I was interested in forming a relationship with. Recenly I did meet someone who seemed promising. She lives about an hour from here. I was surprised when I read her ad, as it sounded like something I would have written. We just shared so many of the same interests. We exchanged a few emails and she seemed like someone I'd be interested in. We had our first phone conversation tonight. I was nervous, as I was expecting one of those awkward conversations with lots of silent moments. I was very surprised, though, as we really hit it off. It's just amazing to me that we got along so well. I felt like I was talking to an old friend. We made plans to meet this weekend, so we'll see how it goes. Of course, I can't get Mike_D's experience out of my head, so I have a little trepidation about meeting. But if she looks anything like her photo I won't be disappointed. We'll have to wait till saturday to see, though. I sure hope it works out, though.

Hopefully an update is in the works here...
~Matt

AllanN

Supporting Actor
We had our first phone conversation tonight. I was nervous, as I was expecting one of those awkward conversations with lots of silent moments. I was very surprised, though, as we really hit it off.
I know what you mean, I have been on a interent date before and got stood up once. But I figured three strikes and internet dating is out. While this was a home run. I was real nervous at first but that that quickly changed. It felt like we had been friends before. As I noted in my last post I was't quite sure about the end of date kiss and weather she had a good of a time as I did. After I got home I was still up "from that buzz, from us last night" she got online and we talked for another hour. She said she really enjoyed herself and wants to see me again. So "dinner out is a go" (trying for a movie tie in here, i did't say that to her). More forthcoming because im rather excited about this.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
AllenN
Glad you are having success! Good luck with the next date!
matt bee
Hope it works out for you too! I also hope my situation was rare case. I guess maybe I gave up on the internet thing to early. But, like I said, I have 2 dates lined up and 2 more potential ones, so things magically turned around for me.
Although my situation could get sticky... 2 of my definite dates know and live near each other :frowning: One knows about the other and doesn't care, the other doesn't know... and the funny thing is, I'm gonna see one Friday night at a party, and Sat. night have a date with the other. Next weekend my buddy is having a halloween party and they will BOTH be there :eek: This should be interesting...
Mike D.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
whew, I just read this entire thread...I laughed, I cried, I jumped out of my seat! It just goes to show that 1) HTF is awesome for these sorts of things and 2) The Internet is a good marketplace.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Great thread! Thanks for starting it Mike. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, don't give up on internet dating though. Any dating can be tough and clubs generally aren't where you're going to meet the ONE. I know 3 people that have met their wives or fiances over the internet. A classmate of mine from college, my ex sister-in-law (after the divorce), and my dad. No psychos yet although I'm still reserving judgement on my dad's fiance as I haven't met her yet. Judging by the pictures, he's a lucky guy. He just turned slicksty and she recently turned 30 and is absolutely gorgeous, she's has a doctorate in biology and does internet site development.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks