Anybody else wanna see a compilation of "orphaned(mostly lost)" TV series?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by DuMont_Network_Saiyan, Aug 23, 2008.

1. DuMont_Network_Saiyan

I've been wondering, now that Alpha Video has started releasing DVDs of failed TV pilot and one-off "live drama" productions, when will some company release a DVD of "orphaned" ie mostly destroyed TV series that only have 1 or 2 surviving episodes?[​IMG] I think that there must be at least some demand for such a DVD compilation. Heck, if my singing career takes off I might even start my own company to release such a thing[​IMG]
    Seriously though, I think it's a good concept. Also, could the friendly and smart people of this critically-acclaimed website please help me create a list of such "orphaned" shows?

2. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    Try Mill Creek Video! They have their "Shovelware" Collections such as Western TV Classics, Ultamate TV Westerns, Essential Westerns, & Best of TV Detectives, among others. Each set has 150 Episodes of mostly 1950s TV Shows, and you can get them for about 15 Bucks each! [​IMG]

3. DuMont_Network_Saiyan

Did you even read my thread? I'm talking about TV series which were mostly destroyed, and most of the content on those DVDs are from shows for which complete runs exist, although "Best of TV Detectives" has a couple of DuMont Network programs.

4. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I'd buy them, also unaired pilots that didn't go anywhere but featuring talent that are loved from something else would be great.

5. nostalgic TV guy

I have one episode of the TV series "The Aldrich Family" from 1950 (Season 1) and would love to see more episodes.

I would also like to see more epiosdes of "Beulah". (I have about 6 or seven episodes).

6. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Sony has started releasing unused pilots via iTunes. I think it's a great idea, but I'm doubtful it could ever be successful enough to justify a huge amount of vault plundering. Perhaps if we ever get to a larger on-demand market, it might be cheap enough to do non-packaged releases of such material.

7. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny

Really? Which ones?

8. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    do you have a link to alpha video.
    i have a feeling this isnt the one you mean.
    Alpha Video and Audio

9. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick

Id give good money to get The Questor Tapes, Genesis II, and Planet Earth. As far as buying "lost" shows, the only ones are know are not lost, just short lived.

The studios have not even mined many popular shows of the 50s and 60s that are NOT lost. So i cant see anyone putting out a release of a show that hasnt seen the light of day in 50 or 55 years. I would say it would be a blind buy for most of us, and i am in my 40s.

10. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter