What's new

Anybody annouce a universal (SACD/DVD-A) 5-disc Changer? (1 Viewer)

GeorgeC

Agent
Want a universal player, but love to load up several discs and just sit back and listen. Something like the Sony 555ES changer, but with DVD-A too would be nice. Am I dreaming?

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
George,

I don't recall anyone releasing such an animal, but I didn't see everything released at CES.

Regards,

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
George, I didn't attend CES, but I have read nothing about any universal changers being displayed there. The new universal players at CES got a lot of press here and on other web sites, and there was no mention of changers. I'd love to see one, however. My guess is that we will see some changers next year. Many manufacturers are still on their first-generation universal players, so hopefully we will see more variety with a subsequent generation.

GeorgeC

Agent
Thanks, Keith. It takes so long with new technologies sometimes, before you get all the features you're looking for. Oh, well, I guess I'll have to be patient a little bit (or a lot) longer!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
George, no problem. I am just speculating, of course. Hopefully we will see universal changers soon, but there is no indication of that right now. Try to be patient. :)

Mark LP

Stunt Coordinator
I would have loved to have bought a universal player as a changer. I ended up with an Integra 8.3(read pioneer 47ai). I've been amazed by its performance and overall quality. I think I'm going to add a Rotel rcc-1055 to handle redbook cd's for continuous music. It uses a higher quality Pacific Microsonics chip than the Denon, 1748 for Denon, 1732 for Rotel. Its also twice the price. FYI

Mark

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I am not familiar with the Rotel RCC-1055. Is this a new changer? The last Rotel changer I remember was the '855, and it was discontinued awhile ago.

Mark LP

Stunt Coordinator
Yes Keith, the rcc-1055 is new. available now. list is $700. best discount on product is 10% roughly. I'm waiting to get my front speakers back so I can demo it properly.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I found the '1055 on Rotel's web site. It looks sweet! I love the silver faceplate and black sidepanels. Now I have to wonder how it performs relative to the Sony 'C555ES (with CDs only). :)
[c] [/c]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks