Any Word On These Four?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Brad Vautrinot, May 17, 2008.

1. Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot Stunt Coordinator

Any rumors or ideas if the following horror/Sci-Fi classics might be in line for a BD release?:

The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
    The Thing From Another World (1951)
    Them! (1954)
    Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1956)

Brad

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    The first title might have a chance with the remake being made, but I wouldn't bet on any of them at this time.

3. AlexSchwarz

AlexSchwarz Stunt Coordinator

I got four titles on my own of which I would like to know their chances to go Blu-ray:

Supernatural, Season 3
    Gossip Girl, Season 1
    Desperate Housewives, Season 4
    Breaking Bad, Season 1

Still not over the "Rescue Me" disaster [​IMG] ...will Season 4 ever come out on Blu-ray or should I settle for SD-DVD?

4. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough

Disney announced Blu-ray releases for LOST and GREY'S ANATOMY this fall, but with DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES not being mentioned in that press release, I'd say the hopes for it are slim to none.

5. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'd love to get all 3 seasons of Supernatural on Blu-ray.....I already have the first 2 on SD-DVD but would happily upgrade.

While we're at it, I'm still wondering why FOX announced Prison Break: Season 3 and have yet to announce the 2nd Season to Blu-ray.[​IMG]

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Over at TV Shows On DVD a few weeks ago, they said that Touchstone had to put Lost S1 and S2 on the backburner due to a lack of replication plants. I'd guess that the same basic idea applies to Prison Break.

7. AlexSchwarz

AlexSchwarz Stunt Coordinator

I agree, but I find it strange nonetheless. I get why they wouldn't release new shows on BD, like "Life" or "Chuck"...but I suspect "Desperate Housewives" always sells like pancakes.

"Supernatural" and "Gossip Girl" have also been announced on DVD, so the chances for those to receive BD-releases are pretty much non-existent now, too. Still holding out hope for "Breaking Bad", though...

8. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway

The Day the Earth Stood Still is Fox, and like was said above, maybe it gets released because of the remake, but doubtful.

The Thing from Another World and Them! are Warner. Considering they've finished the disc image for both The Adventures of Robin Hood and Casablanca, and yet are waiting to put those on the BD release schedule, I highly doubt The Thing or Them! are gonna make it anytime soon.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers is Lionsgate, and they didn't release a BD of High Noon upon that film's recent DVD re-release, so again, the release if very doubtful anytime soon.

9. Goko

Goko Agent

The Day the Earth Stood Still and The Thing From Another World were recently broadcast in HD on Dish Network not to long ago if that means anything.

10. Brad Vautrinot

Brad Vautrinot Stunt Coordinator

Perhaps there's a small glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the replies, guys.

Brad