Any word on the Fall Guy?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by FallGuy, Jul 28, 2006.

1. FallGuy

FallGuy Extra

I'm wondering if anyone has any current intelligence on whether we might see a Fall Guy release anytime in the near future. Has there been any buzz or commentary on this show?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Ed_City

Ed_City Agent

I think the only hope we have would be if there is a Hollywood movie made of this. I recall a few years back hearing about a George Clooney starring-remake, but nothing since. I would *love* to have these, especially the later seasons which are very rare.

3. FallGuy

FallGuy Extra

Quote:

"I think the only hope we have would be if there is a Hollywood movie made of this. I recall a few years back hearing about a George Clooney starring-remake, but nothing since. I would *love* to have these, especially the later seasons which are very rare."

Yeah, I'm the same way. Would snap this one up on the day of release, from first season to last. I thought it was a fairly high rated show, but perhaps like Mad About You, it isn't one that people want to relive.

Actually, I'm not sure that it would hold up twenty years later, but I've such fond memories I'd definitely buy it.

4. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    I think it would hold up, the 'Jean-Paul Belmondo action screwball humor' is ever-popular, and it's a very fast moving show. Hey, who didn't fall in love with Heather Thomas, it was impossible not to. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Fox should not have to wait for a movie tie-in. Heck they got all of remington steele out in a timely manner they could easily do the same for the Fall Guy and it would sell just as well if not better.

6. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    This shows holds up really well from what little recordings I have of it and most certainly has a market that remembers it fondly.

7. JasonWa

JasonWa Auditioning

Just wanted to bring some news to The Fall Guy fans out there. While sadly it looks like 20th Century Fox has dropped the series for DVD releases (for now)....there is some good news. The Fall Guy will start airing on The American Life Network in October FOUR nights a week on it's primetime schedule. I'm not sure how edited the episodes will be...but at least it's something. I think this is the first time the Fall Guy has aired on cable since it's run on FX in the mid 90's. Let's just hope they air the series in it's entirity. Also there is a rumor of a Fall Guy feature film sometime in the future....so maybe Fox will release the rest of the series on DVD...but until then at least we can watch the episodes here soon on American Life.

8. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

Fox really dropped the ball by releasing a complete season one set AND two volume sets of season one. I remember the complete season one sold well, the two volume sets didn't. I don't see why they couldn't have just continued on with the complete season sets.

9. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

The complete season one set sold poorly as well - and I agree this was a poor release strategy on their part. What they REALLY dropped the ball on is overcharging "The Fall Guy" and replacing all of the music coupled with heavy editing with no indication otherwise on the back. It would be wise for them to license this out (Brian Ward has already indicated that the sales of Season 1 might be too low for them, not to mention the high music costs, but I wonder if Time Life could take a look at this one) as there's clearly a demand and most fans (and viewers) agree once Markie Post joined the cast as Terri Michaels, the show really took off.

Jason, I last saw "The Fall Guy" and "Quincy, M.E." on FOXNet but it wasn't long until the only way to see these block of shows is if you were subscribed to satellite, and was fortunate enough to get it in your area. Thanks for the heads up on this.

10. Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight Second Unit

Stephen
    Wasn't the second season released over in Europe? Not sure what that says. Probably,european audiences like this type of show better than audiences here in North America,or the european branch of FOX doesn't have high,unrealistic sales expectations.

11. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

It's currently at 14.99 GBP = $23.03 less shipping at Amazon UK. S2 also has some music edits with the R2 set but I might pick this one up anyway.

12. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    i think you can marked this is another stalled series. It may picked up again when the complete series for six million dollar man comes out. People may want to see lee majors again in the fall guy.