Any word on Happy Feet BD w/TrueHD?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by JediFonger, Dec 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    WB added TrueHD to Superman Returns cause HD DVD already had it.

with Happy Feet, i used to have this on HD DVD and the movie had trueHD. the current BD doesn't have trueHD. does WB plan to release all of their HD DVD counterparts that had lossless back to BD? i really luv this movie =P

2. EnricoE

EnricoE Supporting Actor

the blu-ray in u.k. and japan had english pcm. makes me wonder why warner dropped it on the u.s. release.

3. Gekkou

Gekkou Stunt Coordinator

The US release was a BD25. Maybe the overseas release was on a BD50 to make room for all the different language audio tracks so they had extra room for it on there.

4. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    cause HD DVD had it. i hope BD will have truehd soon for this movie it's quite good!

5. EnricoE

EnricoE Supporting Actor

all current releases of happy feet are bd-25. the video track of the movie is just 10gb. size was never an issue for the movie. warner just dropped the ball, that's all.

6. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    i want extra special bonuses for the movie. it's so good =P.

7. Gekkou

Gekkou Stunt Coordinator

Ack, that's what happens when I give Warner the benefit of the doubt. I'm glad the studio supposedly finally got the message with lossless audio. It's just maddening.

8. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Insider
    Insider

Nothing yet on this title, but Warner as a studio seems to finally be getting the message that everyone wants TrueHD or DTS-HD (some kind of lossless audio) on EVERY Blu-ray release. The problem is that there are different groups within the studio that handle different types of titles - new theatrical, catalog theatrical, TV, animated/childrens, etc. The message has to be "gotten" by each of them, and some of these folks are more on top of these things than others.

9. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    yesh, i've been following the interviews and ur website of course [​IMG]. thanks for keeping us up2date. i visit ur site like every hour, [​IMG]. i know DVD news doesn't move as fast as engadgets.com for example [​IMG].

WB still rocks as a BD supplier.