What's new

any word on future blockbuster rental card deals? (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
From what I've heard those offers have gone the way of the dodo. What, the last one was for Monsters Inc. or Spiderman, (can't remember which was later), back in November.

Joey_R

Stunt Coordinator
There is a current promotion in certain areas of the country running at Exxon/Mobil stations with convenience stores.

Buy any Coke product 12-pack and get a free Blockbuster 1-week rental card. $2.99 per pack or 2 packs for $5.00. This is a pretty good deal if you drink Coke products (2 rentals and 24 Cokes for $5.00 +tax) .

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Not too bad. But I think Phil was specifically talking about the ones where you get 10 rentals over 10 weeks for an average of $2.49 or $2.99 each, and get your own copy of said DVD free when it is released.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Yes John, that's what I meant. I remember having a big overlap with Monsters Inc & Spiderman (I think) where I had 2 get 2 rentals at a time.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I stopped frequenting blockbuster when they stopped running these deals. Of course they were also in the process of adopting pan and scan again, so it was an easy cut.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Just heard Blockbuster has opted to go with widescreen releases when available. I've noticed this has been the case with releases as far back as the Ring.

John Millers

Stunt Coordinator
Blockbuster tends to mix up what they buy. Drumline was fullscreen again while ST Nemisis was widescreen.

My local Bestbuy has just anounced that the 30 day Gamepass is returning this summer again.

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
This isn't the deal you're talking about, but if you have a Discover Card, you can pick up a 10-rental card for $20, using your Cashback Bonus dollars. Not too shabby, and it doesn't have the one-per-week use-it-or-lose-it restriction that the movie deal cards had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks