What's new

Any word on Ducktales? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
One of my favorite cartoons of all time and unfortunately I have personally not seen any news at all concerning a DVD release. Any updates out there as to whether this is one is on the slate for release? (Perhaps with Darkwing Duck following closely behind? "Lets get dangerous!";) ).

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Ahaha, yes! I've been waiting for Ducktales too, one of my favorite shows from the younger years. They don't even have the movie out on DVD yet. Anybody heard anything?

MattGentry

Second Unit
Give a man a fish - You feed him for a day.
Give that same man Ducktales on DVD - Well, let's just say he'll be a pretty happy man.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Ducktales: The Movie should see a release sometime this year and my guess is that if it sells well, the series will follow soon after. Whether it's a "season set" or not probably depends on how well the upcoming Spider-Man '67 Collection and Gargoyles Season 1 sets do.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, I hate it when studios place conditions on their releases like that... I'm not interested in the Spider Man or Gargoyles DVDs, but I'd buy Ducktales (and Darkwing Duck) in a heartbeat.

So now I've gotta run out and buy Disney's other season sets in the hopes it'll help a Ducktales release in the future? Pfft.

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
Put me down for Ducktales and Darkwing Duck! :)

I don't think I've seen the Ducktales movie. However, I'm sure I'd like it.

Rob T

Screenwriter

I agree.
I'll be picking up Gargoyles and the ducktales movie for sure (I hope it's in widescreen!). :)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I actually saw the movie in the theater. I loved watching DuckTales in the late 80s. They were quite well done. Good adventures including many adaptions of the old Carl Barks comics. I'd consider getting Seasons or "Best of" DVDs.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Mickey Mouse's nemesis "The Phantom Blot" even shows up in one episode (voice by The Guy Who Did Starscream).

The funny thing is, a year ago I wouldn't have given a second thought to buying a DuckTales set, especially after the horrifying realization brought on by the Transformers box that these things don't necessarily age well, but I've been picking up Gemstone's "new" Uncle Scrooge comic series since it started in August and I'm badly hooked (though I find I greatlly prefer Don Rosa to Carl Barks).

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Rhino really messed up the Transformers sets. The episodes have been altered on the DVD sets. There's more animation mistakes on the DVDs than were there when the shows aired (There's more info in other threads about this.)

Hopefully Disney would do a better job with Ducktales.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks