What's new

Any word on a replacement for the Panasonic DVD-XP50? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I am looking to get an inexpensive DVD-Audio player for my second stereo system. The player at the top of my list is the Panasonic DVD-S55S, as Panasonic has a reputation for turning out a solid low-priced player. Plus, the 'S55S is just $130. I am also considering the Panasonic 'F85 changer for $150. On the other hand, I really liked the look and feel of last year's 'XP50. Does anyone know if Panasonic will be replacing this player?

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Panasonic has not released any information on any players newer than the current batch. I'm not expecting anything to happen before CEDIA in September, but who knows with the way Panasonic been doing model changes lately.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, thanks. Panasonic has an odd way of handling models. The 'RP82 and 'XP50 were tough to track down last year when they were on the market, and Panasonic discontinued them early. I wonder if the same thing will happen with the 'S55S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks