What's new

Any whose line is it anyway fans? (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
I LOVE this show. Always able to get a laugh from this show and thats great, especially if it has been a stressful day. Any word on when new ones are due? (havent seen it in a while) thankfully i am able to at least catch re-runs monday thru friday at 10 and 1030.:D one of the best ames has got to be greatest hits. Anyone?:D

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
ABC ran two hours worth on a Thursday night about three weeks ago. It was nice to see it back on the air (there were repeats and at least one new episode). TV Guide had had it listed for the last two Thursdays, but they were preempted for yet another god-awful reality series.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
TWO hours?! And i missed it? CRAP! how long have you been a fan of the show? I remember watching it back in the early 90'2 with a buddy of mine. I like it even more since drew carrey took over the hosting duties. Those are some amazingly talented people on that show. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I love Whose Line. I'm actually in an improv group here in Denver, Mile Hi-Larity, and we do a pretty similar short form improv show. But those guys on Whose Line are the masters. :D

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
The pre-Drew shows are from the original British incarnation of the show. These are rerun all the time on Comedy Central.

The ABC Web site says the next episode hasn't been scheduled yet. I figure it'll be back as a summer replacement series.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
My sister watches it rabidly. TiVo's every episode and records 'em onto videocassette.

I must admit the show is usually very funny. Mochrie and Stiles are brilliant together, and some of Wayne Brady's stuff is priceless.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Good News! (I think) My local TV guide shows that this Thursday night (5/1) ABC will air two new episodes of Who's Line? at 8 PM EST. ABC's website and TitanTV's website do not concur. Oh well, I've got my VCR set anyway.

Peace,

DM

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
I also enjoy this show. My favourites include 'Helping Hands', 'Scenes From A Hat', and 'Sound Effects' when Drew gets a couple of audience members to provide the sound effects for (usually) Colin and Ryan to play to (and from).

"Watch out for the elephant!"
'quack, quack, quack!'

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I think WB owns the US version and dang it, I forgot to ask them about this during the chat last week! (I asked about Looney Tunes so it wasn't a total loss.:))

I love this show and I love the UK version a little more. Colin Mochrie is great especially when working with Ryan Stiles both of whom should be making movies. Greg Proops is also just witty and intellectual enough that most people in the audience get it but not all. Brad Sherwood is damn funny and doesn't take himself seriously at all (What episode was it when he said, "That's an awfully big snatch!"?) Wayne Brady is almost superhuman.

As for the original, Tony Slattery and Steve Frost made a great comedic duo. I also like Jim Sweeney, Paul Merton, and Steve Steen. Rory Bremner and Stephen Fry were also excellent the few times they appeared.

And when will they bring back Mike McShane?!? He was perfect everytime! (Except when he started laughing after he said "I went out back to take a piss" in the middle of a skit.)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
What is the guys name who looks a bit like jim carrey? Is he still around? Oh... almost forgot.. "questionable impressions" is another of the great games on the show..

Collin: "do you have anything for Craig T. Nelson?" Classic :D

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I recently saw a repeat show that had a classic "Sound Effects" skit w/ two older women from the audience that were very shy. Colin and Ryan were playing cops or something like that where they were using shot guns. Those gals never got the sound effects right. Absolutely hilarious.

Love this show and have missed it the past few months. Hope this Thursday provides some new shows.

Peace,

DM

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
What is the guys name who looks a bit like jim carrey? Is he still around? Oh... almost forgot.. "questionable impressions" is another of the great games on the show..
You might be talking about Chip Esten. I love Questionable Impressions too but the one thing I laughed at the hardest was Ryan's Carol Channing impression: "I'm Spartacus!"

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
Good News! (I think) My local TV guide shows that this Thursday night (5/1) ABC will air two new episodes of Who's Line? at 8 PM EST. ABC's website and TitanTV's website do not concur.
I doubt this is accurate. The last two issues of TV Guide have listed hour-long blocks of Whose Line in that time slot, but it's been preempted by yet another new reality show. I think that reality show, which requires weekly voting on the audience's part, will run through most of the May sweeps period.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
"Thank goodness you're here, Captain Hugs-a-lot!" :D

This is such a great show--I wish they'd release the seasons on DVD. My favorite skits are Scenes From a Hat, Props, 3-Headed Broadway Star and well, too many more to list.

I laughed until I cried when they did the 3-Headed Broadway Star about the ButterStick.

"You...are...my...butterstick..."

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Let me be the first to say, I love the show, but Drew is nothing compared to Clive Anderson. They also don't rotate the cast enough, wheres Josie Lawrence, Mike McShane, and how about Tony Slaterly!.

I love it and watch it whenever I can, but like most American conversions you just go why?

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Nigel.. i can see what youre saying, but for me I've gotten to the point where i can't even imagine the show without wayne, collin, or ryan.. they just work so well together.
"Thank goodness you're here captian bloodloss!" LOL... :D

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen any of the "Celebrity" episodes?

I think those are hit and miss. I caught with Robin Williams(!) and was laughing for hours. There was another one with Whoopi Goldberg. That was ok.

Then there was one with George Wendt, which was, um...not funny.

But yeah, this show rocks. Infinitely better than all that Reality Poop out right now.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I'm a fan of the American version and a HUGE fan of the British one. Clive Anderson could present this like nobody's business, he was extremely quick-witted. Not to say Drew isn't, but Clive had the timing for it.

And yes, Tony Slattery was just outstanding. Same with Paul Merton. I remember the foreign ad translation where Josie Lawrence was doing a car advert in Swedish and Paul translates her first sentence as "Have you ever had sex with a horse?"

I nearly died laughing :D.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I used to LOVE this show. Hell, I still have some VHS tapes filled with hours of this. I must be getting way too lazy if I won't even make the effort to change the channel to watch this anymore. When is it ever on? (ABC, not abc family or Comedy channel)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
If you love Whose Line, go out and support a local improv theater company.

I'm also a member of an improv company (Comedy City , in Kansas City!) TV improv is fun. Live improv is even more hilarious. There's just something about being there and seeing the magic happen.

Plus, you will more than likely find improvisers who are just as talented as any of the cast on Whose Line.

Go Out. Laugh. Live. Love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks