What's new

Any vintage soild state fans here? Post pictures inside. I'll start first. (1 Viewer)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I have a Fisher integrated from the eighty's, though it isn't really a vintage amp. I only paid $20, and it puts out load of juice.

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
I still have my Pioneer SA 8100 integrated amp and TX 7100 tuner (circa mid 70's IIRC) in my basement workshop. They still work flawlessly right down to the sexy blue lights on the tuner. That tuner will pull in stations my Denon won't even begin to tune in. Back in those days tuners were just that, tuners. I think most manufacturers today throw in the cheapest ones they can find because they figure most don't listen to radio on a HT system. Kinda wish I never sold my Soundcraftsman equalizer, that thing was a beaut!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
What is insane is those el cheapo clip-type speaker connectors and the tiny little 18-20G wires going from the output to them.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
im going out on a limb here, and say the oringal ones were replaced with those....I have a marantz 2280 and they are nothing like that. btw my 2280 is for sale if anyone out there is interested....

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I have an old, mid 70's Sansui receiver somewhere in the attic. While not solid state, I do own one of these Transcriptor turntables however mine has a straight arm.

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I've been buying and getting tons of vintage audio gear. I just cant stop! most of them are from swap meets/pawn shops/goodwill/salvation army. I'm mostly a Sansui fan. But have a whole bunch of different items from Pioneer SPEC, Kyocera, Sony ESPRIT, Sony V-Fets, ESOTEC...

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt

I have a Marantz 2225 for my bedroom system that has very similar clips. I also have a 2270 that I haven't looked at in quite a while, but I seem to remember the clips were even worse.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

Pioneer Spec 1 Preamp

After I upgrade my HT system this peice will be the center peice to a seconary stereo system that will be for listening to CD's and LP's. I will ether track down the matching power amp or maybe look for anything that will work and perform as well.

Jon Koby

Auditioning
Cool thread. I thought I'd use this opportunity to find out more about a Marantz Model-19 Stereophonic Receiver my dad handed down to me. I've been playing around with it a little bit, and it works great. However, I'm not savvy enough with electronics to attempt a restoration. Sure is fun to play with though, and it looks great with the wooden frame and blue backlighting. The only issues are the oscilliscope isn't functioning properly, and there is a bulb burned out behind the tuner dial. It could also stand a thorough cleaning, and perhaps some replacement parts, but it's still putting out quality sound. Can anyone tell me a little more about this machine? I do know it is circa 1972 and retailed for $1000 back then which is pretty amazing. Hard to find more info about it though. I'm interested to know if it is considered a collectors item, and if it might be worth trying to fully restore it. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy having it out on display and using it for a 2-channel music system!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Here is some information I came across on that Marantz reciever. The web page says its rare but I couldn't tell you if its a collectors item or nnot. If it is in mint condition I would say that if it isn't it will be soon enough.

Marantz Model 19 Receiver

Retail Price $1000.00
First Year 1970
Last Year 1975
Wood Case WC-9
Gold Face: Yes
Channels: 2
FET Count: 10
Transistor Count: 66
Diode Count: 70
Speaker Connections: Two sets
Weight: 46lbs

Amplifier
RMS Power Per Channel: 50 @ 8 or 4 ohms, 30 @ 16 ohms
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.15%
Power Bandwidth: 20 hz to 20 khz
Frequency Response: +0, -3db, 8hz to 80kz, +-0.5db, 20-20hz
Intermodulation Distortion (IM): 0.15% or less

FM Tuner
Gyro Tuning: Yes
RF Sensitivity: 1.7 uV
Ultimate Quieting: 73 db @ 50 uV
THD, Mono 0.15%
THD, Stereo 0.15%
Capture Ratio 2.5 dB
IF Image Rejection 85 dB
IF Rejection: 100 dB at both IF and 1/2 IF

Preamp
Multiple Bass Adjustments: +-15db @50hz
Multiple Treble Adjustments: +-15db @12kz
High Filter: 12db/octive @7kz
Low Filter: 12db/octive @70hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: -80 dB at the aux input
Hum and Noise: -74 db @ phono input

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Quote Steve Adams:

"I have a marantz 2280 and they are nothing like that. btw my 2280 is for sale if anyone out there is interested...."

Don't think Marantz ever made one by that model number, Steve. 2270, yes. 2275, check. 2285 and 2285B (

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks