What's new

Any Velodyne SPL1200 owners (1 Viewer)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Anybody here own one of these subs? I really would like to pull the trigger on an SVS 25-31 PC Plus, but so far I'm having some trouble getting it past the wife test. I've seen some online places selling the Velodyne for about $800, about the same as the SVS. Anybody have any links to a performance chart for this sub, similar to what SVS has for their subs? Any tips on trying to explain to my wife that in order for a sub to sound decent it has to be bigger than a shoe box?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Mark did you know that SVS will be coming out with box sub configurations in the very near future? This is not a try to steer you away from Velodyne for I run two Velo's, but the SVS option keeps on growing. I see you have been a member for some time so you must know unless you hang out in the movie section or something?

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Steve nn,

I knew that SVS was coming out with a box type sub in the very near future. I assumed the box would be quite large, something in the 20+" height, width, depth range. Something the size of an end table is going to have a low WAF in our house. The Velodyne intrigued me because of its smaller size.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I figured Mark and I understand. I would figure the SVS box variety to be on the larger side to.

Donald Shrum

Stunt Coordinator
I have been trying to check out the SVS but can't seem to find anyone near by that would demo them. I would suggest looking into buying a HGS-12 used online. They are all over audiogon for about $700-1200. But i definitely like my HGS-12.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks